Windows Phone 8 Nokia 920 from build event will not sync exchange old phone still works. error 80070057

hi

I am having issues setting up one of my multiple accounts on the phone, I had a nokia 900 and still works on the new nokia 920 I get error 80070057 when trying to sync, I have made sure there are free device slots on the exchange server and am able to manage automatic replies but it will not sync on the wp8 device.

I tried syncing just individual types and there was no difference. one additional point is I installed the root certificate like I have done before on my nokia 900 and hd7 previously but not sure where and what I can do to get this working..

mike

Question Info

Last updated February 12, 2019 Views 5,174 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi

I have solved the problem but it is definately a bug in the Windows Phone 8 code. Basically the packet of data returned by Exchange for the folder heirarchy has some characters that arent supported by WP8 but work fine in IOS, WP7.5, Windows 8. What's annoying is this used to be a bug in Windows Phone 6.5 so is disappointing this has regressed so far. Basically I had a couple of folders in my mailbox that had Chinese characters and return escape sequences in the folder name, renamed them in Outlook and voila, all devices now sync.

Hope they provide a prompt fix for these type of things as this is basics and is a real let down.

Mike Walker MVP - Visual Developer VSTO - Please mark the best replies as Answers !

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
Finally.....

Went to Outlook webmail

Changed language to English - US

Checked the box: Rename default folders so their names match the specified language

And then it worked. 

Just not good enough Microsoft. 

A great phone, i'm testing Lumia 920, but it's typical problems like this, that prevents Windowsphone from competing with IOS etc. As an it-administrator, i would prefer spending my time on something else, than finding solutions to problems that should never have been......... (never had exchange problems with IOS).  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.