Shared Google Calendar not syncing with Windows Phone 8.1 calendar app

I have a Lumia 920 with 8.1 Developer Preview. I have a university Gmail account(basically gmail on a custom domain). I have synced it to my phone. Any entries that I make in the calendar are visible on the phone. But there is a shared calendar for the entire class. That is not visible in the calendar app. It is visible in the google calendar website but not in the phone calendar app. Any help as to how can I fix this issue?
Answer
Answer
I have a Lumia 920 with 8.1 Developer Preview. I have a university Gmail account(basically gmail on a custom domain). I have synced it to my phone. Any entries that I make in the calendar are visible on the phone. But there is a shared calendar for the entire class. That is not visible in the calendar app. It is visible in the google calendar website but not in the phone calendar app. Any help as to how can I fix this issue?

To get shared calendars visible from my Google account, I had to use Google's online Calendar sync management tool. Depending on your account and how it syncs (Exchange or CalDav), you need to visit one of these pages on your mobile device:

https://www.google.com/calendar/syncselect (if you're using CalDAV, like a "normal" consumer Gmail account), or,

https://m.google.com/sync/settings/ (if you're using Exchange ActiveSync, which is more likely for a University account, or any account using a custom domain.) 

On those pages are the Calendar sync settings which list the calendars available to sync, with checkboxes to select them.  (I just select them all- you can turn them off in the phone calendar, and it prevents having to find this obscure setting page of Google's if you change your mind later!)

6 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 14, 2020 Views 3,778 Applies to: