Microsoft Account Sync Problem (Error Code: 86000C09)

Hello,
Today I purchased a new Nokia Lumia 925, and I previously had a Nokia Lumia 920.

When I started my phone and logged into my Microsoft Account, it synced properly by adding my Twitter, LinkedIn accounts and even downloaded my calendar entries as well as my emails.

However, after 5 minutes, the sync ran into trouble, to the point that when I attempted to compose an email, I would get the error: 86000C09.

The server which my phone is trying to synchronise with is: blu-m.hotmail.com

All my Microsoft Account details are correct (username and password), because if they were not, the initial synchronisation would not happen.

I have done a factory reset on my phone and upon logging into my Microsoft Account, faced the same problem.

I then realised that my text messages were quite sporadic in that my phone was trying to download my backed up text messages, but could only get to a certain date before giving up.

I went into my text message settings, and switched off "text message backup".

When I did this, my Microsoft Account started syncing correctly again.

In short, Microsoft has an issue with text message synchronisation, which is causing new phones (especially people who are old users of Windows Phone with lots of text messages backed up) to not be able to send emails, use the calendar etc UNLESS "text message backup" is switched off.

Please fix this problem!
|
Answer
Answer

Hello MattSamson,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention and also providing a fix.

May I also inquire as to what type of email you used for the Microsoft account, was it gmail or an exchange/company account? 

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Have a nice day!

Andy

130 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 22, 2020 Views 14,764 Applies to: