Hi, I'm just migrating from iPhone to my first Windows phone (lumia, 930). All going pretty well, until I tried to copy photos from the new Mac "Photos" application to the Windows Phone using the Windows Phone software (V3.1.1).
I have successfully copied music from iTunes to the phone using the Windows Phone software.
Attempting to copy photos to the phone:
- select the folders that I want to sync - no problems
- hit the sync button
- along the bottom of the application window it rapidly counts through the photos it's copying, the green bar races from left to right...
- States "Finishing transfer" and has a blue and darker blue barber pole for a while...
- then I get an error message:
"Something went wrong while syncronizing files
We weren't able to transfer the following files. The reasons for each error are listed below.
then for every single photo, there's a line saying:
Could not copy "photo name" to the device.
I kind of suspect that the application is built to transfer from iPhoto, rather than from "Photos" . I get that, but the iPhoto library is still all there on the machine, I can still open and run iPhoto.
so I guess there are 2 questions:
1) Is this an error that is due to the new Photos app? If not, then any suggestions on what might be causing it?
2) Any ideas on when an updated version of the Windows Phone transfer software is likely to be released working with the Mac Photos app?