What can be stored on the SD cards in Windows Phone 8?

The midrange Windows Phone 8 devices that have been announced so far seem to have relatively small amount of internal storage (8GB or less).

I am interested in Windows Phone 8, but this is potentially a problem for me because I like to have some content heavy apps on my phone (e.g. on my iPhone I have navigation software with offline maps, educational apps with offline video content, offline encyclopedia, offline medical reference apps and dictionary) 

My understanding is that general documents and media (e.g. office documents, mp3s, photos, movies) can be stored on the SD card in Windows Phone 8, but what I don't understand is whether or not this also includes the content contained in the types of app I refer to above? Also, can the apps themselves be installed onto the SD card. 

Could someone please clarify this for me?

Question Info

Last updated February 22, 2018 Views 4,883 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
My understanding is that general documents and media (e.g. office documents, mp3s, photos, movies) can be stored on the SD card in Windows Phone 8, but what I don't understand is whether or not this also includes the content contained in the types of app I refer to above?

Unfortunately we all have just general knowledge about Windows Phone 8.  The full specifics have yet to be released so commenting on what can/cannot happen is still premature. We will have to wait until we get absolute specifics osm101.

Making any comment on possibilities might be too speculative at this time IMHO.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.