Asphalt 7: Heat file size

Hi all,

I bought Asphalt 7: Heat on my HTC 8X earlier and at first it didn't want to download; it said I had insufficient space. It turned out I had 4gb free but with some determination I managed to get it to download via a 3rd party Windows 8 app. Any idea why it might have tried to stop me downloading it? Has anyone else experienced this issue? 

And why is the game so big? It's almost 1gb, which seems much too large for a phone app, and I'm pretty sure it's not that big on other platforms. Is it possible that a future update might help to reduce the file size of the game? At the moment it's a bit ridiculous.

Cheers for any opinions and advice,

Question Info

Last updated February 22, 2019 Views 2,296 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

There is a seriously intense discussion (29 pages and still counting) that is happening about this OTHER STORAGE problem at the below thread.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp8-wpstart/what-is-other-under-storage/979d2948-249b-4303-a475-4183b15af2d6

You can add your thoughts there. The short version is - this OTHER STORAGE is a bit of painful/unresolved situation. There are dozens of workarounds but no fix as such.

Exciting times lie ahead of us! 510, 520, 820, Acer W4 & 1520 (the most awesome phone in the world)

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.