Voice commands in Mango

I've been using Windows Phone 7 since before its first update and have a question regarding voice commands. I've figured out things like calling, texting, and opening apps, but I was wondering about media player control. I used to work for a cell phone retailer, so I may be confusing all the different phones I've used, but I'm pretty sure I've gotten some music to play at some point with Windows Phone, but I couldn't figure out a way to have any specific control over the music player other than initially getting it to play a single song that my phone seemed to select at random.

I was wondering if there is a comprehensive list of available voice control commands, or more specifically, a list of commands for media player control.

Question Info

Last updated February 24, 2018 Views 155 Applies to:

To get a pretty good idea what you can say, hold the Windows-button down to bring up the TellMe interface. Then tap the question mark button. You can then swipe left and right to see various examples of voice commands.

Hope this helps!

Please click "Me Too" if you found my answer helpful. Thanks!
Follow me on Twitter: @ThisIsMetro

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I didn't know that help was programmed into the phone. I took a look and it didn't seem to have any more info than I was already able to figure out on my own. As far as I can tell, you can use the "Open" command to open the Music & Videos hub, but can't control playback with voice commands.

Sorry this didn't help.

Correct. You can't control playback. At least not yet :)
Please click "Me Too" if you found my answer helpful. Thanks!
Follow me on Twitter: @ThisIsMetro

Sorry this didn't help.