zune and wp7 syncing error code c00d11e4 (800c000e)
On my system, even after removing ULead, I could still not sync in Zune or open .jpgs on my system.
Update: Looks like ULead changes the default .jpg handling to PV85.Image from jpegfile. The system see this a an unsafe file and then proceeds to treat it under the parameters specified by the "Launching Applications and Unsafe Files" security setting. While you can workaround this problem by adjust the security setting, the root of the problem appears to be the default value for handling .jpg files. To change it back to system defaults:
- Click Start , and then click All Programs.
- Click Accessories, and then click Run.
- Type regedit, and then click OK. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
- In the navigation pane, locate and then click the following registry subkey:
- In the right-hand pane, double-click (Default).
- In the Value data box, enter jpegfile and then clickOK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
- Try to sync a photo\video taken with the phone.
All is well now on my system.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!
After months of headscratching, general frustration, anger, despair and latterly grim depression having to work around saving photos, this simple tweak has solved it and let in the light again!. I had another image handling/editing program set as default on my PC and this is why my PC was rejecting phone photos and my laptop with no photo software and set with defaults for picture handling, was accepting them. This is also why some people are getting the problem and some not, presumably.
It has taken months for this forum to cough up the solution - so simple. Why all that time? Why.....?
Anyway, VERY grateful for the fix and happy that it was within my relatively limited powers to implement. Thanks again