Why are my Facebook photo albums now limited to 100 photos?

I have a Samsung Focus (SGH-i917) running WP 7.5. One of my favorite features, and the thing I always show off to non-WP-users, is the deep Facebook integration, particularly the way that photo albums automatically update on my phone. Until last week, I was always able (with a good connection, of course) to see my entire photo albums, regardless of how many images were in the albums. Now however, the albums appear to be limited to 100 images. (My largest album is still less than 200 images, and I was always able to see the complete album before).

Additionally, I can go to the Me part of the People hub and under "what's new" I can see the additional photos I've posted to those albums (beyond image 100), but when I tap on them, it briefly resolves, but then snaps back to image 100. So the phone is still somehow connected to those photos, but refuses to download them, although it did before.

I've tried deleting and re-entering my Facebook account, and also deleting and re-connecting my Microsoft account and Facebook accounts, with no effect. If this is a policy change, it seems arbitrary - Facebook doesn't limit their photo albums to 100 images, so shouldn't my Facebook albums on my Windows Phone simply reflect the way they look on FB (as they always did in the past)?

Is anyone else experiencing this issue, and if so, is there a fix for it?

Question Info

Last updated August 10, 2019 Views 2,176 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I think it is a Windows Phone issue, but then again, I have no proof of that.  Mine is acting funky here lately as well, but with posts in general, not photos.  None of my albums have more than 100 photos so I can't replicate the issue.

According to https://www.facebook.com/help/118731871603814/, 1000 is the limit for photos, so if you have 100+, I don't see why you can't view them.  Looking at their 'Known Issues and Bugs' page, I can't see any reference to this.  Then when I go into Facebook Mobile, there is no "FB for Windows" mobile FAQ or anything, it's iOS, Android or FB for Every Phone, whatever that is.

Try their mobile site, m.facebook.com and see if you can view the albums over 100 photos.  If not, then you may want to submit a report using "Report Something" using the link above.  I wish I could replicate, but I don't have anywhere near that many photos, even with all albums full, sorry.

Also, did you try going to the bottom and seeing if it would load, say, 20 more after you got to the 100th?
-Wiiconnaissance

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the quick reply. I did try (on multiple occasions) scrolling to the bottom as that used to prompt additional photos loading, but that no longer works. And I do use the Facebook mobile site at m.facebook.com and can see the full albums that way, but it's not nearly as good an experience as the integrated albums in the Pictures hub.

I think the most frustrating thing is that it used to work fine, for years, and now it doesn't. Because of the timing (I noticed it last weekend) right after the Windows Phone 8 launch I'm inclined to think that has something to do with it, but I'm not sure what.

Any idea where else I could report the issue to try to get it resolved?

Sorry this didn't help.

I just started to notice this behaviour yesterday and it's been very annoying. I hope it's just a minor bug in the Facebook API and it'll get fixed soon.

Sorry this didn't help.

I also have the same issue on my LG Optimus7 (E900).

Guess it's not a FB issue, 'cause the WP FB app has the same. If you try to browse an album with more than 100 pics it stops loading others ("load more") at 100th.

Hope someone will clarify soon.

Ciao.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem on my Omnia 7.

Also, it's also present on the People hub of Windows 8 (not phone).

Sorry this didn't help.

Same issue with my Nokia Lumia 800... This is lame

Sorry this didn't help.

I guess I posted the same problem here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp8-wpcamera/facebook-photo-albums-dont-load-all-photos/8ab68ca9-af1e-46e0-803e-a149267a068c

Anyway, it's still broken.  Could it be that Facebook messed up the API somehow?  Windows 8's Photos app and People app have the same problem with only being able to access the first 100 photos within an album.

Sorry this didn't help.

I upgraded from Lumia 900 to Lumia 920 and it is resolved.  My wife now has my Lumia 900, and after a wipe for her data, she is experiencing the same problem.  She hates WP7.5/8... and this is not helping.  She wants her iPhone back.  Wow... is it that bad?
-Wiiconnaissance

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having this same problem as well since about a month.  Any word from Microsoft if there's going to be a fix.

It doesn't look like a Samsung problem since others with LG and Nokia phones have the same problem. This is VERY annoying!!

Come on MS, get this silly small problem fixed.

Sorry this didn't help.

Got the latest Windows Phone 8.0.10211 upgrade for the Windows Phone 8X.  The Facebook photo album 100 image limit bug is still there.

Sorry this didn't help.