Win phone 7 Outlook 2010 Sync with stand alone PC

Hi after waiting 10 months for release and eager anticipation  My HTC 7 arrived. Goodbye Iphone :) back to Microsoft . Started set up all went well very impressed set up pop3 email only then did alarm bells ring. Opened Zune to sync contacts calendar notes FROM PC NO OUTLOOK sync !!!!!!!!

After reading forums of the more than complicated time consuming method of syncing and then sorting hundreds of contacts I despaired.

The last thing I thought of before ordering was that a state of the art Microsoft based Windows Phone 7 would not sync with my desktop Outlook 2010 via a usb cable and Zune. Please tell me I was not alone.

I do not trust the cloud that much at present given the past history of hacking accounts.

Unfortunatley I cannot wait for Microsoft to reconsider / relent (wishfull thinking)and allow Desktop users to sync via Zune.

THE PHONE has now gone back and I have one that syncs as it should an APPLE  IPHONE4

Question Info

Last updated May 25, 2017 Views 9,743 Applies to:
Answer

sddjd,

As per your request please find here a link to Feature Request & Suggestion Thread.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.