Why can I not open mms messages?

well i assume they are mms messages. in the convo box it says "Get media content now" i click this for half a second it changes to "getting media content now" then nothing. No error message or anything?

Question Info

Last updated October 29, 2019 Views 63,137 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hello Martin,

Now with more details, and a BIG surprise at the end!:

I have bought the phone, supposedly unlocked, with Portugal Optimus carrier. At the moment a can confirm it’s a SIM unlocked phone, but I am not sure if is branded or not to Portugal Optimus)

The first time I turned it on was, unfortunately, with Portugal Optimus SIM.

After I have changed the SIM for Portugal Vodafone, (if I move the battery out I am doing a hard reset, right?) using a pre-paid contract, and get stuck with no MMS.

No one from Vodafone or LG (customer support by phone here in Portugal) could help me.

I have tried the MFG as described with no luck.

Last week I have notice the app from LG store, once again with no luck (error msg, as ADC was enable).

Today, plying around with MFG again, I have disable ADC. No hard reset necessary, just leave the MFG menus. After that, I lunched the “Network setup” app from LG and voilá: it works!!!!

Just can’t remember in detail what happened and its sequence, but it didn’t show any error; touch the field for select the network and immediately the phone did a hard reset. On reboot it ask me to select for a network from Vodafone Portugal and ZON (this is a third carrier with, I believe, its network supported in Vodafone). No Optimos Portugal to select.

I do have now MMS. Thanks LG !!!

Thanks Martin for your input.

L

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hello David,

In your case you are using the branded device (Vodafone) with another carrier. In my other case LG configuration for branded phone has Automatic Data Configuration disabled and settings are preconfigured to Vodafone (there is no UI to configure MMS settings on WP7)

You can try to call your new carrier (AT&T) with the request to send you the MMS settings remotely via their network. The success of this action is limited by two factors:

1. Device must be set to accept the settings from different push provider (OEM settings during production)
2. The configuration message must be formatted for Windows Phone 7

I was trying the same with my mobile operator, unfortunately mine does not support configuration message for Windows Phone 7 yet.

Based on the fact that the phone is OEM/Mobile Operator proprietary configuration, the issue should be escalated via Mobile Operator/OEM channel.

Best Regards

Martin V.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.