Problem with sending/reveicing MMS(Multimedia Message Service) through another carrier

I have a problem trying to use another carrier instead of original.

For internet connection, I could set new APN and it was work well.

But, for MMS(multimedia message service), I could not found how do I set MMSC(MMS proxy), MCC, MNC, MMS related parameters.

In case of other OS for smartphone, usually it was found at APN setting menu.

How do I set MMS related parameter?  Please help me.

|
Answer
Answer

Hello Daniel,

The MMS settings UI is not available on the Windows Phone 7 for the user, but there are other ways how to configure it. If you device was sold as open market phone (sometimes referred as unlocked) one of the option is automatic data configuration (ADC or OEM application). Unfortunately ADC would probably not work in your case if you are using Virtual Mobile Operator (referred as operator2). The other options are provisioning during manufacturing (but in your case it was provisioned to operator1) and Over-the-air WAP push OMA Client Provisioning.

I think that the OMA Client Provisioning is the way how to set the MMS settings on your device. Please keep in mind that the configuration message send to your device has to be formatted for Windows Phone 7.

Have you tried to contact the MO with the request to provision your device for MMS message?

Best Regards
Martin V.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi,

By default WP7 device configures data and MMS settings for the SIM card used on the first boot. If you change the SIM card you can manually change the APN for data, but for MMS settings you would need to reset the phone to initiate the automatic configuration. To reset the phone go to the System page under Settings, tap about, and then tap reset your phone.

Important note: Reset erases all user data from the phone. You must synchronize information using the Zune software or manually back up data before performing this step.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 14, 2021 Views 67,162 Applies to: