Error code 86000C29 - Exchange 2010 Failure

I know this has to do with the limited security settings available to Windows Phone 7.  Can anyone tell me what in the Exchange 2010 server Active Sync settings will cause this error?  I am trying to isolate the box that needs to be checked or unchecked to get Exchange working on my phone again now that the company migrated to Exchange 2010.  I could not see any settings that are part of the excluded list on the Tech Net articles.  The error code returns one Google hit, an unanswered question.  Microsoft phone support won't assist because the license was bought by Samsung.  ATT and Samsung support do not know anything about the Exchange limitations, no one in our IT group can find the error code to fix the setting.

"Not updated

servername requires that certain

security policies be enforded before you

can sync your information. Contact a

support person or your service provider.

Last tried ...

Error code: 86000C29

Question Info

Last updated February 19, 2019 Views 8,259 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Your IT department can tel you what policies they require on their Exchange server.

They are the one that have set them.

Windows Phone 7 currently supports there policies:

ActiveSync mailbox policy properties:

• PasswordRequired
  • MinPasswordLength
  • IdleTimeoutFrequencyValue
  • DeviceWipeThreshold
  • AllowSimplePassword
  • PasswordExpiration
  • PasswordHistory
  • DisableRemovableStorage
  • DisableIrDA
  • DisableDesktopSync
  • BlockRemoteDesktop
  • BlockInternetSharing

If Exchange requires a non-supported setting you would get error 0x85010013 or 0x8600C2B when connecting to Microsoft Exchange Server

See: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2464593

So as far as I can deduce the issue is not with an unsopprted policy and thus with a policy that is supported by your Windows Phone 7 but that you have not set on your WP7 device or in your exchange account. (like the minimum password length or something)

As an alternative you can also ask your IT department to check their exchange logs to see what issue they are logging when you are trying to connect to the server.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.