I've ran into a fairly serious issue, and would like to see if any of you can reproduce it on any Windows Phone. I have been able to reproduce it on a second unit.
Issue: The video recorder keeps recording even if there is limited/not enough space.
- Stutter in the latter parts of a saved video (Audio is fine)
- Complete loss of video file (Unable to save file due to lack of space)
- Very delayed start of the next video recording (althought it still tries even if there isn't space)
- Very long delay after stopping the recording.
- Video screen will blank out (black) while recording (I assume because it doesn't have space anymore)
- Purging of other temporary app data, built in Facebook album photos, SkyDrive data due to the phone making space for the video(?). This manifests as a rescyncing of photos when you try to view them after the video recording. Your other apps may need to resync data if you open it again.
- Apps slowing down
Steps to reproduce:
- Using Zune, sync photos, videos to fill up the phones onboard memory with just ~200MB to spare
- With the phone disconnected, try recording a video at 720p
- Let it record for 10 minutes or more
- See if you experience any of the symptoms above.
- Please report your findings here.
Temporary Solution: Clear up space on the device by uninstalling apps/games. Download photos/videos off the device. After making ample space on the device, it is able to record problem-free given the space you have on the device.
Videos I'v recorded: http://t.co/4AWKynv3
Phone Model: HTC Radar4G (T-Mobile USA)
OS version: 7.10.8107.79
Firmware revision number: 1600.2200.20402.531
Hardware revision number: 0002
Radio software version: 16.23.05.13_2_16.30.00.23U
Radio hardware version 2.16.0.D4
Bootloader version 2.4.160015.3(136036)
Chip SOC version: 18.104.22.168