WP7 USSD issue

i am currently using Omnia 7 and found out that i am not able to input any command in USSD mode. Apparently all WP7 phones are having the same problem. Any idea whether this will be fixed in coming "patch"?

Question Info

Last updated February 10, 2018 Views 8,384 Applies to:
Answer

Have you tried entering the entire sequence of numbers you need to access the specific items into a Contact on your phone.  Then whenever you want to access the specific service you can select that contact to get the phone to dial the sequence of numbersw.

This method works for me when I participate in phone conferences where I input a phone number, wait (insert a comma into the sequence), then input an accesss code.  This also works for calling through my google voice account and some of the other services I use regularly.

Prof Julie | Microsoft MVP Windows Phone | pocketprimer.com | twitter

Just got a new windows phone? Check out these blog articles:

Using the Outlook Hotmail Connector
Manage your tasks on a Windows Phone with Remember the Milk
Use Windows Live to handle tasks on a Windows Phone

I think you are also confused. let me give you example of what i was trying to say. Basically in order to access M-Commerce service offered by my carrier via USSD, i need to dial *133# then press call. The below menu will appear:

Celcom AirCash
1. Airtime Services
2. Money Transfer
3. Pay Bills
4. My Account
0. Logout

If i want to select option 1, i have to input "1". then the below screen will appear

Please select reload option:
1.Own number
2.Local number
3.International number
4.Favourite List

0.Back

now, due to i am not able to input anything, i cant proceed to any screen. I hope you understand what's USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data)

I use USSD codes to access some of the options of AT&T's services.  I'm a little confused by your experience when using these codes, because when I input them into the phone's onscreen dial pad, I can bring the phone's dial pad up at any time during the phone call, so I don't know why this is not an option for you.

Have you tried out my suggestion? For instance, if you are wanting to use option 1 and then reload your own number, can you create a new contact then input the following sequence of characters into the phone number field for that contact:  *133#,1,1

If you then select that contact and number to call, does the call go through?

Prof Julie | Microsoft MVP Windows Phone | pocketprimer.com | twitter

Just got a new windows phone? Check out these blog articles:

Using the Outlook Hotmail Connector
Manage your tasks on a Windows Phone with Remember the Milk
Use Windows Live to handle tasks on a Windows Phone
Microsoft Insider MVP

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.