No sign in option on Zune

Have to say my experience with WP7 (which I chose over android/iphone) has been most forgetful.

It's been four days since I got my phone and still not been able to get it to work.

When I try to add my hotmail user id on my wp7 to access marketplace I get either: "marketplace is not available in your country region" or "Service isn't available this time" error.

I signed in to zune.in and set location as India. I ensured my location is set to India in my hotmail account as well.

I try to sign into zune software with location of PC set to US I get an error "location setting for your windows live ID don't match the setting for your computer"

When I change my PC's location to India, sign-in option in zune itself isn't displayed!

I tried entering credit card info in zune.net but was rejected. I ensured my name is exact same as name on cc. Is it even compulsary to provide cc info just to sign into zune app on pc?

Have reached a point where I am ruing the decision to select WP7 over all other options.

How do I get my brand new WP7 to work?

Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated June 19, 2018 Views 543 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
Perform the update. If this is a desktop, plug the phone into a port on the back of the computer. I don't know how far behind on updates you are, but just let Zune do it's thing. It may take a few hours, so be sure you have the time!

It may not say Mango right away, but as each update completes, Zune will check for more and install them.

Do note that at the end of this, your OS version will be somewhere in 7.1, which is 7.5. Yes, I know, it's confusing.

Upgraded to 7.5. It took about an hour and a half. But it succeeded.

And marketplace works like a charm! Downloaded apps and tested. It's great :)

Thanks much for the help.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.