wireless sync windows 8 C00D07C9

Hi all,

I have gone through this site in some detail and there are lots of articles about the C00D07C9 error but none seem relevant to my situation.

I have an Acer laptop, running Windows 8 Evaluation Build 8400 and have the latest Zune version 4.8.2345.0 and Norton 360 and the phone content all sync fine.

I have tried to set up the Wireless Sync (I am pretty sure it worked fine on the same setup but on Win 7) .  I go to wireless Sync, the correct SSID is showing.  I plug the HTC Titan into the PC and Zune then states that your phone is connected to the same SSID.

Tried to sync and comes up with "cant detect your phone" and error C00D07C9.

I have checked the rules in the firewalls (windows and Norton) and 1900 and 2869 are allowed for both incoming and outgoing comms.

I have also checked my network and its set to home and sharing.

I have also tried disabling Norton completely whilst running the above steps but not joy.

One thing I did notice was under Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers the HTC was found when plugged in to the PC but not when it was connected to my wireless router (Virgin Media n I believe).  Should this be the case?

Any help really appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob

|
Answer
Answer
Zune WiFi sync does not work under Windows 8 right now. There is no method of getting it to work until Microsoft updates Zune. And with the Zune service being rebranded to Xbox, there's no guarantee the software will get an update as Windows Phone management moves to a dedicated app.
"No matter where you are, everyone is connected"

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 14, 2021 Views 1,646 Applies to: