Petition Microsoft to reinstate usb sync for Outlook

This is not a question. I am just looking for a way to get someone's attention at MS. I figured that something like a petition on one of their own forums might be useful. Basically I am asking you to reply with a simple Yes if you want Microsoft to provide you with a direct usb sync for Outlook (such as was available with all previous releases of Win Mobile through ActiveSync). I am not looking for arguments for or against; other threads are full of those opinions. This is simply a tally of the "Yes" vote. I am just hoping that a "staggering" number of yes's might catch Microsoft's attention and they realise that a substaintial number of their loyal users are unhappy about the change and that this unhappiness might ultimately result in a loss of business. Of course, if the number of views is scant and the number of replies is insignificant I suppose they can safely feel assured that they have made the right decision to dump usb sync support for WP7. Thanks for adding your vote. ...

Edit... lots of people looking, but not enough voting.... make our voices heard by adding in your vote. Thanks. ...

Probably the final edit... Started something that I will not likely see the end of ....

I read up on the details of Mango. No mention of a direct Sync option for the phone. Microsoft is deaf. They cooked up a marketing plan and it does not look like they want to change it. Too bad. I have enjoyed using MS products for ages.

This situation has pis*sed me off. I called up my cell phone provider and told them that I had had enough of this phone.. I told them I realised that I had gone well past my "buyer's remorse" period (bought the phone in March and now it is the end of May) and that I was ready to throw this phone into the garbage (as beautiful as it is). After a half hour of a bit more gripping and sitting on hold they finally came back and told me that they are going to ship me out a Blackberry Torch to swap my HTC HD7 for. No charge, plus I get 14 days to try the torch out before I have to send back the phone I do not want to keep.

Not bad.... So, by mid June I will either be a happy Blackberry customer or a happy WP7 phone user (if MS finally wakes up and offers what many us want: a direct sync with Outlook and Office - I am not holding my breath) or I will be looking for an Android phone. I suggest everyone else try the same. If MS does not listen to us, they will listen to the carriers.

Question Info

Last updated February 27, 2018 Views 11,805 Applies to:
Answer

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer

As this topic seems to be of some interest, I've created a facebook-Page. Maybe we can increase the pressure on MS...

If you want, please "LIKE" the new Group:

"Windows Phone sync with Outlook via USB"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Windows-Phone-sync-with-Outlook-via-USB/170784106312663

HTH,
Martin Knauer
(Cross-posted on some WP7 Sync Threads)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.