Is there a non-cloud way to sync Windows Phone 7 with Outlook?

Dear Forum,

I am looking for a way to sync Windows Phone directly to Outlook.  I store all my contacts in Outlook, my todo list is in Outlook, all my appointments are in Outlook.  I just do not want to put all this information in the cloud, where it will create a permanent unerasable record of my life.

My HTC Tilt 2 has served me well over the past two years and I would much prefer to stay with the Windows Platform if I can help it.  I looked at a few Windows Phones in the store and I like them, especially the Lumia.

A solution I am looking for should support sync of Outlook contacts, calendar, and tasks.  It needs to support categories and allow me to add notes to my contacts and appointments.

If possible, lets not turn this into a debate over cloud use.  There are plenty of other places on the Internet to hold this debate.  I am simply looking for a solution.  If it helps, I am using Outlook 2007 and considering Lumia 900 as my phone.

Best Regards
Fred

Question Info

Last updated February 26, 2018 Views 614 Applies to:
Answer

The only option is this 3rd party software that you can buy.  I have never used this software so cannot vouch for it.

http://www.akruto.com/

You will never get categories synced to windows phone because windows phone dies not support categories at all...there is no categories field in contacts, appointments or tasks and no way to search or work with categories.

Microsoft Insider MVP

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.