Question

Q: Does Windows Phone 7 sync to Outlook?

Since this is very important for me to decide if Windows Phone 7 is for me:

Does Windows Phone 7 fully sync to Outlook, specifically in order of importance:

1. tasks, including categories
  2. calendar, including categories
  3. contacts, icluding categories
  4. notes, including categories
  5. emails

Answer

A:

"No matter where you are, everyone is connected"

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

2 people were helped by this reply

Answer

A:

Like you, I've been syncing to Outlook on my computer all these years.  I've dabbled a little with Windows Live and Google Contacts and the like, but only recently got serious about moving all my PIM-related data to the cloud.  Over the last few weeks, I've spent a lot of time working this out for myself, and I'm planning to document the Outlook Connector solution on my blog later this week and will post a link to the article once it is published.

If you use Outlook Connector, your Appointments & Contacts will sync to Live ID just fine, including categories.  You won't be able to add categories or edit categories within Windows Live, but that data will be there.

Outlook Connector doesn't really sync tasks to Windows Live, nor does it sync Notes .  Windows Phone 7 does not include any native applications to handle tasks (not sure about notes), but I was looking over the WP7 Applications in the the Zune Marketplace and saw a couple of tasks applications there that looked like they'd handle tasks and related categories.

Prof Julie | Microsoft MVP Windows Phone | pocketprimer.com | twitter
Microsoft Insider MVP

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

2 people were helped by this reply

Question Info

Views: 86,438 Last updated: May 25, 2018 Applies to: