• July 17, 2017
    Announcement: New site design for Microsoft Community

In July, Microsoft will roll out the first of ongoing site improvements aimed to modernize Microsoft Community and help customers get the most out of their community experience.

• During the roll out period, you may see the old or new site design depending on your location

• We expect the roll out to finish by 31 July

Note: Past private message conversations will not move to the new site design. Please save any private messages you would like to keep.

Learn more about the upcoming site improvements in this thread.

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community!

Question
  • This thread is locked from future replies

color depth after NoDo update

Alex D' asked on

I've got NoDo on HTC Trophy. Everything is okay at the moment, except a color depth. It was definitely decreased from 24bit to 16bit. I see now bandings on wallpapers and pictures. It was not like that before - the gradients were smooth and nice. Why it was changed and how I can 24 bit back?

22 people had this question

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
Aled T. replied on

Hello,

When HTC launched the HD7 and Trophy they upgraded the color depth to 32 bit, which was outside of Microsoft’s design requirements of 16bit. Microsoft implemented the design standards to help ensure the best possible and consistent experience for all customers on all Windows Phones. To continue to deliver a stable and consistent customer experience, HTC returned the devices to the 16 bit design requirements as part of the March (7.0.7390) update.

The color palette change should not make a noticeable change to most customers experience on their Windows Phone 7. Microsoft's goal is to ensure that the device is performing as optimally as possible – and as always their engineering teams continue to investigate the opportunities for future improvements.

Thank you for your contribution to the forums.

Be the first person to mark this helpful

Abuse history

progress