Bug in configuration Xbox language and windows phone apps buying history

I live in Belgium, when configurating my windows live ID a few years ago it was set in French, so, no problem to change it in dutch, just select region in the account and is was set in dutch. So far no problem.

Till a months ago, when I bought a windows phone.

Everything on the windows phone was in dutch, except the marketplace on the phone: It was still in French.

After a good search on the internet, I found that the problem was caused by the language in the x-box account who was still in french.

So after changing the language here, the problem was solved and the market place was in dutch.

But another problem occurs : all apps bought on my windows phone when the market place was in French were no longer visible in the 'windows phone' website under my account : buying history

On the phone : error : c101a7d1 occurs when updating the apps.

Bought and free apps were not able to update anymore.

When I changed the language in the x-box account back in French, all apps are back visible and no error occurs on my windows phone during updates.

Hopefully you can fix this problem so I can read the marketplace in dutch on my windows phone without losing all my apps under my account on the windows phone website !

P.S. : my phone is a Nokia Lumia 800 with windows 7.5

Regards,

Steven

Question Info

Last updated February 26, 2018 Views 1,265 Applies to:

when updating apps on my phone windows 7.5 (nokia lumia 800), the update stops at 50% and I get an error message (error code: c101a7d1).

see also related problem :

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp7-sync/bug-in-configuration-xbox-language-and-windows/d7dfe945-4758-480c-bd8c-63d99f804d82

update error is gone when I changed the language back in the x-box account.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Steven,

You'll need to contact Xbox Support to find a resolution to this issue. They will assist you in managing your account, billing issues, manage payment options, etc.

I hope this helps!
David

Windows 10 ... upgrade your world!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Steven,

Thank you for posting in the forum!

I have reviewed both your threads and unfortunately you must use the country/region settings you chose when you first created your Windows Live ID. You cannot change the billing country. Any changes in Xbox or account.live com will have no effect, they are merely superficial. Your Live ID is set to France so you must use the French Marketplace. If you want to succesfully download from the Dutch Marketplace you must create a new Windows Live ID with Holland as the billing country

Please let us know if you have any further questions

Have a nice day!

Andy

Sorry this didn't help.

Reply In reply to deleted message

My account was set in Belgium, we are a country with 2 languages, French & Dutch. So I don't need to change the billing country, only the language.

And there must be a bug someware, because i can select 'dutch or French' in the last line of 'My Account' - 'information of facturation-contact person' of the X-box account !

Without changing the county/region! (only language change). Once this was changed, the language of the marketplace was changed an all my apps dissepear in my windows phone account.

Causing the update error on the windows phone.

Regards,

Steven

Sorry this didn't help.

My account was set in Belgium, we are a country with 2 languages, French & Dutch. So I don't need to change the billing country, only the language.

And there must be a bug someware :

I can select 'dutch or French' in the last line of 'My Account' - 'information of facturation-contact person' of the X-box account without changing the county/region! (only language change).

Once this was changed, the language of the marketplace was changed an all my apps dissepear in my windows phone account.

Causing the update error on the windows phone.

Regards,

Steven

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings Steven,

If you review app purchase history on the Windows Phone website, do your app listings disappear if you opt to change the language, or would you be willing to try removing the problem apps then change the language and try redownloading the apps from the website to see if you get the same issue?

Best Regards,

Tim P.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Tim,

if I change the language, only the apps on the windows phone website are visible that I bought under the french or dutch language.

The 1st apps that I dowloaded were under the french market place.

After changing the marketplace to dutch (with changing x-box profile), the bought apps were not longer visible on the windows phone webiste.

That's why the error occurs if they want to update.

Redownload them from the windows phone website is not possible.

If I change the language back into french, the are visible again.

After deleting free apps on the phone, I can redownload them without any issues & are again visible on the duch windows phone website.

Bought apps is another problem, we need to purchase them again if we change the language !

Regards,

Steven

Sorry this didn't help.