activesync error 86000C0A ON wp7

I get that error when I try to connect to our exchange server. I've seen other answers to this for the 6.5 platform that say something like "ADUC right-click properties -> Security Tab -> Advanced -> check inheritable and user must not be a domain admin".... Okay, well I'm a domain admin, so what must I do to have a working phone?

FYI: I'm using the Samsung Focus. We have plenty of other mobile devices that use Active Sync everyday with no problems (iPhone, Black Berry, WM 6.5 and probably a Palm or two).

Grrr,

Joe

Question Info

Last updated May 14, 2020 Views 30,930 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Okay, I just didn't wait long enough for AD to replicate fully.

My situation: I'm in a domain environment (win 2k8r2), Exchange 2010 and Windows Phone 7 (Samsung Focus). My user account IS a domain/enterprise admin.

So if you get this error I did the following...then made sure to wait till my changes were replicated to all AD servers (most importantly the primary AD server that our Exchange Active Sync talks to). 

1. Open Active Directory Users & Computers (ADUC)

2. Clicked View -> Selected "Advanced Features"

3. Opened the AD structure to find my/the affected user

4. Right-click on user -> Properties

5. Select the "Security" tab

6. Clicked the "Advanced" button (it's the one next to this text "For special permissions or advanced settings, click Advanced.")

7. Checked the "Include inheritable permissions from this object's parent" box

8. Clicked "OK" to close the "Advanced" box

9. Clicked "OK" to close the "[USER] Properties" box

10. Closed ADUC

11. Wait 

12. Re-sync phone (At this point I had just looked at phone and had already synced)

13. win

NOTE: This worked for me in our environment. I hope this works for you as well. If it doesn',t just post to these forums!

Thanks,

Joe

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.