Question

Q: HP iPAQ hw6515?? This thread is locked from future replies

Hello,

I know this is a very old but phone but it still costs a lot actually and I am supposed to buy it tonight, in about four hours or so. If you still remember me, I had a HTC S620 then a HTC Tytn II before but then sold them. My Tytn II had a problem and that's why I hated it and would never go back to even a 100% working one, but the HTC S620 was great. Its only problem was that it was locked to Vodafone Egypt and I am a Mobinil Egypt user and wouldn't just change a network provider I've been with for over ten years just for the sake of a phone. After those two mobiles I went for an iPhone 3G 8GB (hated it, changed it), got a N95 8GB (was pretty awesome but eventually got bored of it, like I said, I love to change phones), then a BlackBerry Curve 8900 (can pretty much say is the best phone I've ever held in years), then I sold it for a Xbox 360 (<3 Microsoft) because my parents did not want to give me the money for it since I am a university student and that console is just going to waste my time, so I had to do something and get it because I am a fanboy. Haha! Anyway, let's cut to the chase, so I am using a N73 Music Edition now but I want to change. I am offered a lot of mobiles, but the HP iPAQ is certainly the one I really want. I am offered Nokia E65, E61i, 5610 XM, E51, and so many more nokia/samsung/sony ericsson phones but well, I only love Nokia so it's either Nokia or any good PDA with Windows Mobile. 

My question is, can I install Windows Mobile 6 to the HP iPAQ hw6515 or even Windows Mobile 5 because the 2003 version is so old. I haven't tried it yet but from the screen shots, it still has Msn Messenger, not even Live!! lol. I've also heard that it keeps rebooting itself because of some factory malfunction after some period of usage. The owner of the phone says that never happens with him and that the phone is in great shape. He bought it like 3 years ago but left it and went back to it about a couple of weeks ago. It has two SD slots, one has 4GB Memory Card and the other one is empty, so can I buy a WiFi SD for it and do those actually work? This is the phone I am talking about for who doesn't know - http://www.gsmarena.com/hp_ipaq_hw6515-1312.php and it actually has GPS for a really old phone and the man says it actually works and he'll let me try it myself!

Thanks a lot and I hope this is not too long to read.

Regards,
Tarek.

Answer

A:

My question is, can I install Windows Mobile 6 to the HP iPAQ hw6515 or even Windows Mobile 5 because the 2003 version is so old.
Updates to devices come from the vendor so you need to visit the HP download site.  I do not believe there was an upgrade for that device to the best of my memory.  I did use that phone for a while and liked it a lot so you might enjoy using it even if the OS is outdated.
I've also heard that it keeps rebooting itself because of some factory malfunction after some period of usage. The owner of the phone says that never happens with him and that the phone is in great shape.
I never experienced that issue.  For the time I had it (about a year), it was a great experience.  HP never has had a better phone/devie IMHO.
Jack Cook
http://www.experiencemobility.net
http://www.mobilitysite.com

Windows Phone ... Just press start and enjoy a true mobile experience

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 1,808 Last updated: February 10, 2018 Applies to: