Bluetooth Keyboard PIN

Split from this thread.

I am having the same issue; namely, when I try to pair my keyboard (to a Win10 Mobile device) it sees the keyboard (Listing it as a "Bluetooth 3.0 Keyboard, Input") as available to pair.   When I touch on the keyboard to pair and it asks for the pin.  I do not know the PIN and there is no default PIN for the device.  (I attempted to pair the Keyboard to an Android device, the Android device generated a new PIN and I entered that and it works with that device).

It appears that I need to wipe out the Win10 device's previous association with the BT keyboard so that I can start the pairing process again, but I cannot find any documentation on how to do that.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Question Info

Last updated August 17, 2019 Views 42,195 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hello,

Usually, the default PIN is "0000" or "1234". You may also be able to find the PIN on the accessory itself or check the documentation for the accessory. Note that when you’re pairing a Bluetooth keyboard with your phone, you’ll often be prompted to enter a passcode on the keyboard itself to make sure you’re pairing with the correct device. When you’re done typing the passcode on the keyboard, make sure you press Enter on the keyboard.

If you're trying to restart the pairing process of your Bluetooth device, go to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices and select the device you want to remove, then select Remove device.

For more information on how to fix Bluetooth problems in Windows 10 Mobile, you can refer to this article.

If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

44 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

These solutions were already readily available in other documentation and did not work.  As I stated before "it appears that I need to wipe out the Win10 device's previous association with the BT keyboard so that I can start the pairing process again, but I cannot find any documentation on how to do that."

The device is NOT currently listed as a under "Bluetooth & other devices", so it can't be removed.  However, despite not being listed under Bluetooth & other devices, the devices is being treated by my phone as if it is already paired and is simply asking for the existing PIN.

There is no default PIN for this device.  As I noted before, when I connected to an Android device, it generated a PIN.  I also attempted to connect the device to my Win10 laptop and it also generated PIN number (see attached image).

The problem is that I have previously attempted to pair my Win10 mobile device and the pairing process timed out before I was able to enter the PIN.  So it now appears that it is expecting me to type in a PIN that my Win10 phone previously briefly gave me, but for which I do not remember and had no means to record.

23 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

If that's the case, you may need to reset your phone to get this sorted out. This process will remove everything stored on your phone, so make sure to create a backup before proceeding to avoid data loss. To reset your phone, go to System > About > Reset your phone.

Alternately, we request that you file this on our Windows Feedback Hub app so that our dedicated team will have a visibility of the issue you're experiencing.

To submit a new feedback, you can follow the steps below:

1. Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback Hub app or press and hold Volume Down+Power button for about 2-3 seconds to launch the app.
  2. Open the menu icon at the top left side.
  3. Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the add button (+).
  4. Select Problem and fill up the box with the details needed. 
  5. Select the right category for the problem and then submit.

We're here if you have other concerns.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Para resolver este problema com o PIN, vai até o painel de controle, Dispositivos e impressoras, e clica em Adicionar um dispositivo:

Quando clicar em avançar também vai pedir o Pin, embaixo vai ter um link para digitar no aparelho, é só clicar, digitar e dar enter. 

Não consegui o print pq já tinha me conectado :(

Att,

35 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

i have exactly  same  problem and that reply above did not help

10 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I found solution for my keyboard... When it pops out to put PIN just tipe 4 digit number and click connect and then press the same 4 digit PIN code on your bluetooth keyboard and press enter/return

Hope you found it useful. Please let me know.

826 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I've just had exactly the same issue. I tried to solve it hardly, but appeared that only a few simple steps can resolve the situation.
1. Turn on your bluetooth keyboard (or other device) and switch it co pairing mode (usually you have to press 'connect' button for that).
2. In your phone settings choose the device you want to pair it with.
3. In the "enter the pin for bluetooth keyboard" that you showed in screenshot in the first message, enter 0000 (I suppose you can enter any combination of digits, but I used 0000).
4. Right after that press '0000' (or any other combination you entered in the previous step) ON YOUR KEYBOARD and hit enter on it.

231 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

**** useless answer...Windows is the fkin worst os... 

11 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Bumping this solution up.

I purchased a folding Bluetooth from from eBay for $5 with no documentation or PIN number and I was not able to link this keyboard to my Lumia 950.

Using the four steps above (using 0000 as the PIN number), I was able to successfully link the keyboard to the Lumia!  I now have a great mobile solution allowing me to use Word and OneNote with my foldable keyboard, allowing me to leave my laptop behind.

Thanks so much for the advise.

10 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I found solution for my keyboard... When it pops out to put PIN just tipe 4 digit number and click connect and then press the same 4 digit PIN code on your bluetooth keyboard and press enter/return

Hope you found it useful. Please let me know.

Thats works for me... Thanks :D

77 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.