Question

Q: Cannot ActiveSync via Bluetooth

I have a Verizon XV6800, WM6, ActiveSync 4.5 smartphone.  My laptop is IBM Thinkpad, Wndows XP SP2.  I have no trouble syncing via the USB cable but I cannot get the bluetooth sync to work.  The two devices have been paired through the bluetooth, I have designated the correct com port and changed the com port setting in AS to the same.  I then return to the XV6800 and start AS / Menu / Connect via Bluetooth.  My device then gives me a message "Cannot find an existing Bluetooth partnership with a PC that supports ActiveSync".  I then select YES to setup the partnership and select the laptop that I have previously paired with.  I am then taken to the Partnership Settings screen to select services to use from this device.  I click Refresh and I still have no options to choose from.  I should have ActiveSync as a option.  This is where I get stuck.  Why does the device not give me the ActiveSync option?  I have followed the setup instructions to the letter.  I have unistalled, re-installed, restarted, and re-paired in every order imaginable.  Has anybody had the same problem and found a way to correct it?

Answer

A:

Well after a long struggle I finally got mine to get it working. Remove any devices that are not used from your PC. Then choose "Bluetooth" from the connections drop down available in Windows Mobile Device Center. Start the pairing process from scratch. When you do the pairing wait till Windows downloads and installs all the necessary drivers. It then displays the message "The device drivers have been successfully installed"

Make sure the "This computer connects to" is set to Internet. 

Now enable active sync on the Mobile and choose "Connect using Bluetooth"

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 2,644 Last updated: May 25, 2018 Applies to: