Original Kin and M series Future Software Updates? Probably not.. :-(

Hopefully Microsoft will decided to add some future features to the Original Kin, and the "New" Kin M series phones. However, I have my doubts. The legal info that is programmed in the phone and dated September 2010,basically states that as a Kin "M" series phone owner you acknowledge that you're getting a stripped down Kin and is no longer supported by the KIN service which has been discontinued. Features that are not supported.. Kin Loop, KIN Spot, KIN Studio, Feed Reader, Location Based Services, Web "Near Me" search, and Zune Pass streaming and download via Mobile Operator, MS Exchange Active sync Email, Integrated Social Networks and Features, Photo and Video Upload, Server side backup and storage of photos, videos and CONTACTS, account syn and automatic download and installation of SOFTWARE UPDATES, Help features and website.

So unfortunately unless they change their stance the "M" series phones will be limited. I wish they would consider re enabling some of these features so that you can use them via the built in wi-fi. This phone has potential but otherwise it's just a very low level cell phone that has pop up balloons for text messages. I like the phone, but it really is limited.

I also wonder since they state that the KIN service has been discontinued, how long it will remain active for 1st Generation users.

This info can be found in settings, About your Phone, and touch the "LEGAL" section.

Question Info

Last updated May 11, 2017 Views 1,076 Applies to:
Answer
Here is a link to Verizon's KIN FAQ: http://support.vzw.com/pdf/system_update/kin_faqs.pdf
Please click green "Yes" or "Mark It" boxes if my post was either helpful or answered your question!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.