Error-2041: An invalid sample description was found in the movie

ok i have a Mogul PPC from sprint ... with Windows Mobil 6 professional

I have taken several movies with my phone and i want to edit them on my computer but when i sync up and then try to open the movie when not on my phone i get ( Error-2041: An invalid sample description was found in the movie )

I try opening with both WMP and Quick time ... and neither will play, what can i do to access the movies on my computer from my phone?

Question Info

Last updated September 15, 2019 Views 33,936 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
Jim 555 said:

I found a work-around for this issue today at 2:48 a.m....

The work-around is to change the the file extension from .mp4 to .3gp.   This work-around appears to work for both Windows Media Player 11 and QuickTime 7.5. 

Please read the below link for further details:  http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1089403&tstart=0

I used my friends AT@T phone and sent a video from that to my windows xp laptop. changing the extension from .mp4 to .3gp does work on quick time. and thanks jim.

6 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

I found a work-around for this issue today at 2:48 a.m....

The work-around is to change the the file extension from .mp4 to .3gp.   This work-around appears to work for both Windows Media Player 11 and QuickTime 7.5. 

Please read the below link for further details:  http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1089403&tstart=0

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.