• July 17, 2017
    Announcement: New site design for Microsoft Community

In July, Microsoft will roll out the first of ongoing site improvements aimed to modernize Microsoft Community and help customers get the most out of their community experience.

• During the roll out period, you may see the old or new site design depending on your location

• We expect the roll out to finish by 31 July

Note: Past private message conversations will not move to the new site design. Please save any private messages you would like to keep.

Learn more about the upcoming site improvements in this thread.

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community!

Question
  • This thread is locked from future replies

SIM CARD NOT VALID

ludakrystall asked on

hi all,

I recently bought a E63 from virgin , as Im shortly going abroad for 3 months, i asked them to unlock the phone, they told me it was already unlocked, following their advice i put in a diffenrt netwrk sim  but the phone rejected it saying SIM CARD NOT VALID, they then went on to apologise and send me the unlock codes for free, normally it would cost me 15 pounds. as they say that it should have been unlocked.

So they've sent the codes, and the instructions on how to use them, but this cant be used as i cant get past the SIM CARD NOT VALID when the phone starts up. they said its a prob with Nokia, but Nokia disagrees, i have 3 more days before I leave the country, does anyone know the format used to unlock this type of Nokia???

9 people had this question

Abuse history

progress