• July 17, 2017
    Announcement: New site design for Microsoft Community

In July, Microsoft will roll out the first of ongoing site improvements aimed to modernize Microsoft Community and help customers get the most out of their community experience.

• During the roll out period, you may see the old or new site design depending on your location

• We expect the roll out to finish by 31 July

Note: Past private message conversations will not move to the new site design. Please save any private messages you would like to keep.

Learn more about the upcoming site improvements in this thread.

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community!

Question
  • This thread is locked from future replies

Problems on installing a cable driver for C3-00

Steven628 asked on

Recently I bought a C3-00 and a data cable CA-101 (because the C3-00 package does not include the cable data). Then I download the Nokia connectivity cable driver software and install it in my laptop. It does installed, but as I connect my C3-00 with thw laptop and check Device Manager, it always appear with an exclamation mark. I try to uninstall, restart the computer and restart the phone, then install the driver again. The driver installed, but still has an exclamation mark. I check the Nokia connection manager, it said: The device cannot start (code 10)

What does it mean? I repeat the process 3 times, but it results the same.

My computer uses a Windows XP Home edition, version 2002, service pack 2.

I used to have a driver for my old 6280 model, but I have removed it before installing the new driver. I also have chosen type: USB on Nokia connection manager, as advised in the Nokia connectivity cable drivers manual. When previously I used my old 6280, the connection worked very good between the phone and the computer using CA-53 cable.

Please guide me how to do the installation successfully, so I can connect my C3-00 with my computer.

One more question, can a computer (a laptop) be installed with 2 cable drivers? For example the CA-101 for C3-00 and the CA-53 for 6280.

2 people had this question

Abuse history

progress