Nokia C6-00

I have a small problem(at least I think that is small) with my phone Nokia C6-00. When I'm on internet with the browser(I noticed first on Facebook and now it started on every page) after 2 minutes on internet no matter if I'm connected wireless or from my mobile provider first it requires some certificates and I press always allow and after that it says no internet. When I'm resetting the browser,the phone it self restarts. It also happens with games and apps that need internet. It uses Symbian and I don't know what to do. My friends tell me to get Samsung or LG but I want to keep up with this phone because I will never find a phone like this with qwerty keyboard on slide and most of all... I love your phones. My first phone was 3110 and now I'm with c6-00...
Any help with this.

Question Info

Last updated July 6, 2018 Views 8,117 Applies to:
Answer
  1. Nokia Symbian » Menu » (Control panel ») Settings » General or Phone » (Phone management ») Security » Certificate management » Authority certificates » GlobalSign Root CA » long press or highlight » Options » Delete
    Only delete that one because it is going to be in conflict with the new version you install in step 4. All other (expired) authorities can stay because they are expired and not considered anyway.

2. Nokia Symbian » Menu » (Control panel ») Settings » General or Phone » (Phone management ») Security » Certificate management » Trusted site certificates
    These are all the certificates, you collected over the time, because the the correct certificate authority was not installed. Therefore, first, delete all certificates here in this section.

3. if you have a phone without touchscreen (S60 3rd Edition Feature Pack 2):
    • adjust Nokia » Menu » (Control panel ») Settings » General » Date to year 2015 (code-signing expired),
    • install Network Improvements.sis,
    • adjust the date again, and
    • restart your phone; more details …

4. Nokia Symbian » Menu » Web » traud.de/ta
    Some certificate authorities (CA) might be present in your phone already, some might not install. Anyway, try all because this list of 50 CAs covers more than 90% of the Internet nowadays. With older firmware, you have to install those via Nokia » Menu » (Applications ») Office » File manager » Memory card » Download.

In the case of

• Facebook DigiCert High Assurance EV
  • Gmail SHA-256
  • Outlook.com (former Hotmail) GlobalSign and SHA-256
  • LinkedIn DigiCert Global and SHA-256
  • Nokia A-GPS (OMA SUPL): SHA-256
  • Truecaller SHA-256
  • Twitter VeriSign G(eneration) 5 Class 3 and DigiCert High Assurance EV and SHA-256
  • Yahoo! Mail SHA-256
  • WhatsApp DigiCert Global and SHA-256

is the culprit because the administrator of your web-service did not install the complete certificate chain or did not go for a ECDSA/SHA-2+RSA/SHA-1 installation. Therefore, your Nokia did not trust Facebook anymore. Therefore that warning message.

12 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.