Question

Q: N97 Touch Screen Not Working This thread is locked from future replies

My touch screen has started to not work properly.  I have taken the battery out and still am having this problem.  Any ideas?

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Okay.  After taking the battery out several times and turning the phone on and off several times, it started working.  Maybe I will not have any further issues.  Anyone else having similar problems?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

yes i had a similar problem except mine fell from my pocket and now the screen is not showing me anything did yours fall?

Sorry this didn't help.

Im looking at purchasing this fone but there does seem to be an alarming amount of posts with people with issues.

I accept this will be also down to miss use and software updates.

Lets hope these 'bugs' get ironed out very soon with further patches !

Nokia Lumia 520
 iphone 6 Plus.

Be happy !!

Sorry this didn't help.

I had unresponding screen once, when browsing the web that is.

Then I had to cancel browsing and just return to the main menu.

Sorry this didn't help.

I've had this several times now over the past two days.... i've never dropped it and it lives permanently in its case when not in use... its doing my head in having to turn it off and on every couple of hours (twice this morning already). i did put the accu weather widget on to my home screen yesterday and i'm not entirely sure wether this has some sort of effect on the screen. i've removed the widget from my home screen and taken the battery out and started over and it seems to be working again now however i'm not sure what else to do if it does it again.... i'd appreciate it if anyone else could post if they have had similar unresponsive touch screen issues as then it could be highlighted as a general issue.

thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

Same problem for my n97, at first it just happened when I would flip the screen up to type a text the screen would respond to touch in that mode. It then started to not respond at all, again after turning it on and of a lot of times it is responding again, however if i flip the screen up it still does not respond to touch.

Sorry this didn't help.

1 person was helped by this reply

I have a solution that worked for me anyway, it kept doing it and i was fed up with turning it of and on again, so i just did a factory reset, this seemed to cure the problem

Hope this helps anyone with same problem

Sorry this didn't help.

Had a couple of problems when i bought it but some got fixed in the 'update'. Now the most serious problem to date - Touch Input DEAD.

Tried factory reset, re-installed firmware, switched on-off and took out battery and put it back in = NO EFFECT, sometimes only clock works on the touch screen and if i switch it on and off a few times everything starts working only until my screen is not locked, the phone hasn't fallen no new applications or software added no settings changed started not responding 2 days back, even the calls can't be picked up from the red and green buttons and obviously cannot slide the stupid bars anyway.

Any other solutions would be much appreciated.

I am just a regular nokia user and i think Nokia cannot be my choice again.

Previous Phones

Nokia 7650

Nokia 9500

Nokia 6260

Nokia 8800 Scirocco

Nokia E90

and now

Nokia N97

Except the 9500 and 8800 if i can remember rest of the phones had to go to nokia care for months.

Everybody i know suggested me to buy Blackberry or Iphone but i sticked on and now suffering.

Really Disheartening Nokia you are really ruining it for yourselves.

Sorry this didn't help.

This makes me want to cry! :(   I been wanting this phone and drooling over it pictures many months before I ended up getting it.  but on mine (the touch screen issue)  it comes and goes last time I kept the battery out of it for a few hours then all of a sudden the phone worked flawlessly  touch screen worked great and this morning... it sucks... but both times this happeened was after the alarm? because I notice this in the early morning after the alarm on my nokia goes off...  I am just hoping the screen comes back to life well it kind of did come back to life but it is as though it is not calibrated you touch on one part of the screen and selects sometime an inch or so away..   I am nervous about running the calibration for the touch screen because what if it becomes unresponsive during that time then I will have an uncalibrated non touch responsive screen :/  I don't want to send it in because i just got it two weeks ago!  I called nokia and they want me to send it in, they have no repair centers in my area.  I live in Los Angeles, CA  Aren't we suppose to have everything! gah.. Sometimes people in nokia are so  (insert 4 letter colorful word ending in k and add ing) lazy though, I called them because I want chinese character support on my phone and they tell me it can't be done, when I was 16 i was reflashing other phones with different region firmware  so I get my supported langues with an old computer.

Sorry this didn't help.

i have an LG dare phone and the touch screen ha stopped working. I tried turinign the phone on and off and i tried taking the battery out and putting it back on agian. What should i do now?? please help!!!???

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 602,880 Last updated: February 27, 2018 Applies to: