My nokia x2 wont connect the internet on applications???

My NOKIA X2 wont connect the internet on applications. However it will connect normally to the browser feature, and I can surf the web no problem.

But for things like apps E.g.. The OVI store, and Facebook, it wont connect. All that happens is the little [G] flashes on and off in the top left corner. Normally it would just stay on. I have tried changing packet data settings, but that was unsuccessful. So was re-downloading my settings from my service provider.

in short, Help. Its not a serious problem, and I'm not gonna be throwing my phone away for the sake of this, but its just a bit annoying when I can't access any application that requires the internet.

Thanks.

Same problem with my phone also

GPRS is enable in my Nokia X2 mobile phone. I can browse websites like yahoo.com, google.com, etc. But I can not open google map or update mini opera,etc. When I try to open these it shows message "This application requires a data connection. Please contact your carrier, or visit ...."  and " Unable to connect to the internet . Please check your settings"

98 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi . You Shuld create an access point to allow java apps to connect to internet !

Go Menu > Settings > Configuration Settings > Personal Settings > Add > Access Point > Access Point sett. > Bearer setting 

then enter your service provider packet data acc.pt. and username and password (if avaible ) . then back and select options onaccess point and select activate ! Enjoy !

50 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for the repay.
   Actually the problem was not due to mistake in access point. It was due to the corrupted phone software. Today I approached Nokia Care and they reinstalled the software. Now the problem solved. 

27 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

My nokia x2-02 wont connect the nokia internet,however it will connect to the normally to the downloaded application browser feature.......so am not allow 2 connect e.g. Ovi-store,nokia browser.all dat appen when i want 2 get into nokia internet on my phone (x2-02).please help me to solve my pr6blem on my phone.thanks.

42 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

scholer204, do you see any error message(s)? We need it word-for-word.

22 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 28, 2020 Views 12,548 Applies to: