Installation Security Error. Unable to install.

The subject says it all. I am getting that message when I try to install the PC Suite support in the mobile phone.

But let me give you an overview of the situation. Together with my friend we bought a Nokia 6680 each on October 5th. His phone works and worked well ever since. Mine re-started something like 30 times between the time I first turned it on and the following morning. It even restarted twice while still in the shop!! When I told the guy at the shop about it and he told me to wait a few months then he'll upgrade the firmware.
I came home and found that a firmware upgrade already exists in the Nokia website. I followed the instructions and few days later I did the installation. In the meantime I tried using the phone with the Multimedia Card but it still re-started a lot of times.
I did the firmware upgrade and at first seemed to work well until a few hours later....it began to re-start again.
I went to Club Nokia point and they installed the firmware themselves and even tested it under warranty. But after a few hours it began to restart again.
So they changed it and now I am a happy customer...until a few minutes later when I try to install the PC Suite support from the phone and the phone starts to give me the above message. Before they changed it I formatted the Multimedia Card that was included with the phone.

Can anyone help me as to what I can do? I followed other posts and have already checked the Menu > Tools > App. Manager > Settings > Software Installation = On / Online certif. check = Off

Still I have no luck. And your help will be highly appreciated as this is my first Nokia and after spending LM155 (around 357 Eur / £233 / US$434) I am devastated to find that I still cannot work properly with my phone after 15 days I bought it!

Regards
Daniel

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Sorry forgot to say it's a Nokia 6680.

Daniel

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi dborg01,

I'm sorry but what are you trying to do? Are you trying to install Nokia PC Suite (that is computer application) to your phone?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

i guess you try to install pc suite support. It is a SIS package, where di you get it from ? It is not supposed to be a separate stand alone SIS, but a piece of Nokia PC suite tat activates itself in certain situations. So please desribe in detail what you do.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

same prob with me in nokia 7610..can'not instal pc suite support in cell phone...what shld i do:((

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Please start by listing the System Info in Pc Suite - Help - About Pc Suite.

Then describe in detail how you try to install the support and exactly what type of error message you get (how it fails?)

Also tell if the phone software is somehow potentially failing (is the phone straight from shop, does it have warranty or ...)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

pls. help me  cannot install my pc suite in my nokia 6680 phone . s dr someone could be of help installation security error unable to install

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Finally..got that Installation Security Error solved! Try changing the device date...SMSsync expires in 27-02-2011. I prefer using the last year 2010. Any month&date will do. Then connect your mobile again and it will install the PC Suite support for your mobile. Good luck! Hope this info will be useful...peace!!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Daniel Your Problem Not A Big Problem Just Semply Sol This Problem Pls Change Your Hand Set Date 2-2-2006 & Start Pc Suite Setup Enjoy It From Yogesh Lovekar Parbhani

Moderator's note: Email address removed. It is not wise to publish your personal information on a public forum.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you bro, I got my problem solved with Nokia 6680 s60v2

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

i have change my nokia 7610 date but it not work with pc suit syncroniz
plz help me

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 14, 2021 Views 16,559 Applies to: