E6 USB charging

From looking at all the information I can find on the web, it is my understanding that the E6 battery can be charged via USB. My E6 charges fine when connected to a computer (Mac and PC) and the E6 is in phone is in PC Suite mode. 

However, charging via USB doesn't work when using a AC-USB charging port or using a 12V-USB (car) charger (using the same USB cable that works when connected to a computer). I've tried a number of different chargers and none of them work with the E6 but they do work with other devices like the iPod, and they work with the USB->single-pin charger cable for the E6. This seems to directly contridatice the information about USB charging on the Nokia website.

Any idea what's going on here? Is there a setting somewhere that will allow charging when non in PC-Suite mode?

|
Answer
Answer
It has to do with some manufacturers NOT following standards, wheres Nokia adheres to them. The phone expects all 4 leads in the USB charger to do something, whereas most USB chargers' middle two leads are "empty" i.e. not connected to anything. If you can short them out, the charger should work.

Z

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 26, 2019 Views 440 Applies to: