Question

Q: E51 won't power on This thread is locked from future replies

I've had my Nokia E51 for a year or so. But just recently when I turned it off and tried to turn it on again, it will not power on. When I press the power button the indicator light and the backlight comes on but it turns off shortly after. When I try to charge it the backlight stays on but it does not go to the main menu or show that it is charging. Is there a way to fix this problem without sending my phone for repair?

short of sending your unit to nokia care your only option is #3. you do this finger acrobatics with the phone dead/off the three fingers on different buttons and a power button. let go off the power button only if you see nokia boot up screen or similar. if this does not work noone can help but nokia care. sorry mate.  

1. *#7780# - Restore factory settings - resets all the settings to the default ( you will not lose any data)
Make sure you back up your data as you will lose all of it when you perform option 2 or 3 on this list.
2. *#7370# - Reformat your phone

3. This you perform as a last resort. Nothing else is working.If the phone is dead proceed with reflash if not, turn off your phone, hold the following buttons while pressing the power button. (the default code is 12345)
re-flash - hold the following buttons *, 3 (number button) and talk/green key. turn on the phone and do not release those buttons until you see the Nokia boot up screen. once you feel the phone power up you can let go off the power button while still holding all three buttons

If these codes are not working the only thing for you to do is contact your Nokia Care Center/Service.

You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 5,574 Last updated: April 4, 2018 Applies to: