Question

Q: Cannot Authenticate The Phone - Bluetooth - PCSuite6.7

Nokia 6230
Windows XP sp2 latest updates as of this date.
Belkin USB Bluetooth adaptor
Phone pairs fine with PC and other phones.

Bluetooth adaptor appeared to install fine, and paired up with phone.
Installed PCSuite (clean install). Selected Bluetooth only as connection method. It finds phone in search, but on clicking next button, I get the error message "cannot authenticate the phone"

Have totally removed bluetooth device drivers and pcsuite from machine, and started again after reboot, this time letting PCSuite create the pairing.

Again, it finds the phone (both PC and phone are in discovery mode) phone appears with green tick, select the phone, and click next, enter passcode on PC, and confirm on phone, then error message again.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Which Bluetooth SW stack are you using on your PC?
Widcomm?
Microsoft?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

1 person was helped by this reply

Microsoft Bluetooth stack... It's the only one being reported when I choose a connection method in PC Suite.

In Device Manager there is the Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator and the Belkin Transeiver itself.

Sorry this didn't help.

7 people were helped by this reply

I am having exactly the same problem with my Nokia 6111.

It's driving me mad. Someone please help.

Sorry this didn't help.

9 people were helped by this reply

I am also having exactly the same problem with a 6230i and would be very grateful for a solution as I would like to synchronise contacts from Outlook onto my phone.

Sorry this didn't help.

OK folks, I've found an answer which worked for me, and will probably cast a lot of light on how to help yourselves.

I suspect the Microsoft Stack is pants...

Apparently, there is another bluettooth stack by a company called widcomm... I got hold of them by downloading the belkin drivers for my USB belkin bluetooth stubby...

After installing the drivers, you will find that the microsoft stack is still hogging the actual bluetooth device plugged into your USB port...

You can change to the widcom driver (or the proper driver that came with your device by:

Right click "my computer" - select properties
Select the "Hardware" tab
Click the "Device Manager" button
Expand the Bluetooth section, and right click your actual bluetooth device (Blutonium, or whatever chipset is in your bluetooth device - NOT the enumerator)
Select "Update Driver"
Choose "No, not this time" and hit Next
Choose "install from a list or specific location"
Click "Don't search. I will choose the driver to install"
If you have installed your drivers for you device, then you should see it in the list of compatible devices now being displayed. Select it, and click Next.
The system will install the driver.
Click Finish....
Done!
You have now changed the Bluetooth driver stack to your proprietory one (probably the widcom set).

You only need to enable to the serial port service functionality on the setup wizard for your own computer.

After I did the above, PCSuite should discover and connect reliably.... (should!!!!)

Obviously, you do all of the above at your own risk, yady yady yah...

Sorry this didn't help.

Fantastic - this worked a treat!

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the help!

I had two Belkin Bluetooth USB adapter drivers installed, and finally got connected using the UNSIGNED one - no idea why I have two, perhaps from messing with this connection for so long!

After rebuilding my bluetooth stack as described above in this thread, I was able to resolve the error message from the nokia pc suite "cannot authenticate the phone", even though pairing and activation was successful. I am using a Nokia 6230 with a cheap fake carbon fiber faceplate, no less.

things people might search for: unable to authenticate. cannot authenticate the phone. nokia 6230 error nokia pc suite.

Sorry this didn't help.

what does

"You only need to enable to the serial port service functionality on the setup wizard for your own computer."

mean??

im using winxp sp2
nokia pc suite 6.7.22
bluesoleil 1.6.1.4 Release 050606

i just cant seem to connect my nokia6600 to nokia pc suite 6.7 OR nokia pc suite for 6600!! please help!!

Sorry this didn't help.

Your Nokia 6600 does not work with PC Suite 6.7.
Go to Nokia 6600 support pages and select the correct "Pc Suite for 6600" from there

Sorry this didn't help.

dude you are a STAR!
i wasted so much time trying to get this to work you wouldnt believe it

It should tell you about this when you install PC suite as i am sure loads of people have had the same problem.

my system tray looks so differnt now - everything has changed colour as it is actually connecting

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 785,264 Last updated: May 17, 2018 Applies to: