Q: Nokia 808 Windows 10 USB drivers

This is probably a lost cause at this point, but I've upgraded to Windows 10 and my 808 no longer connects via USB o Bluetooth. There appears to be some sort of driver issues, as in device manager there are multiple 808 and MTP entries with the exclamation mark. Uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers does nothing.

Any suggestions short of finding a Windows 8 computer and using that?

I contacted Microsoft's mobile group on Facebook about this issue, and they suggested that I reinstall the cable driver.  Tried that and...almost got it to connect.  I got to thinking that if it's the cable driver that's not working right, maybe I should try to connect without a cable.  I grabbed my little Bluetooth kernel and plugged it into my laptop and...SUCCESS!!!  I was able to sync my day-to-day stuff (pics, contacts, text messages) with no problem.  I tried to backup my phone with the suite and it went REALLY slowly, but it worked (I backed up my phone a week or so before updating to Win10, so I wasn't really too concerned about not finishing the backup today).

So, if you have a way to connect to your computer by Bluetooth, give it a try and it /should/ work to connect to Nokia Suite.  I still want to resolve this issue with the cable connectivity, though, as much out of principle as it is out of convenience.  Bugging the hell out of me...

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

1 person was helped by this reply

Question Info

Views: 23,218 Last updated: March 17, 2018 Applies to: