SHA2 support on Nokia C5,E71 and E72?

Hi

Our company has resently renewed our external certifcate for Exchange active sync. The certificate is SHA2 signed.

From that day Nokia C5,E71 and E72 models stopped syncing.

I belive that it has to do with the SHA2 signing algoritm, and I just want to get that confirmed or confirmation that it isn´t that that causes the communication issues.

Thanks in advance

/J

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi, Jopa1. How did it go after following the advice given by Abi99? Let us know if it's working fine on your end. Cheers!

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

This issue was raised by my colleague above on my behalf. C5-00 and E72 models are now working following successful installation of networking_improvements.sis. The sis file (v10.01) is not compatible with the E71 and gives the error message 'Component is built-in' when you try to install it. I have escalated a case to Nokia 2nd line support to see if we can get the E71 handsets working too.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Your Nokia C5-00 and Nokia E72 work after installing the Networking Improvement.sis. Thanks goes to …

Symbian/60 3rd Edition Feature Pack 1 (like your Nokia E71) does not support this SIS. Therefore, ‘File corrupted’ or ‘Web: Unable to perform operation’ is shown in the Web browser when accessing a SHA-2 based service.

Symbian/S60 3rd Edition Feature Pack 2 is required for this SIS. Please, restart your phone after installing it. Otherwise, you are not able to install new SHA-2 based certificate authorities (roots): ‘Unable to open. File type not supported’. If you use an older firmware, you have to install the certificates not via the Web browser but via Nokia » Menu » (Applications ») Organiser or Office » File manager » Memory card » download. Otherwise you get ‘File corrupted’.

Symbian/S60 5th Edition: Depends on the firmware version? Please, report success or failure!

Symbian^3, Symbian Anna, and Nokia Belle support SHA-2 out of the box.

Nokia Series 40: SHA-256 works for me since PR 9.1, for example the Nokia X3-02 (only after a firmware update) and Nokia 303 (with initial firmware version). Neither SHA-512 nor SHA-384 based certificates work, even not in the latest Nokia 515.

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

ChrisMUK - did you ever get this working on your E71?  I came across your article after having a similar issue.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

where can I download this network improvement sis file, my russian is somewhat of not existent...

Regards

apollo

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

apollo567 wrote:

Hello,

where can I download this network improvement sis file, my russion is somewhat of not existent...

Regards

apollo

http://dl.nokia.com/ns/symfix/networking_improvements.SIS

On my E73 it displayed "Application not compatible with phone. Continue anyway?".  I continued, it did install, and I was then able to access the SHA2 sites, including IMAP and WebDAV servers (fastmail.com).  On first access the browser prompted me whether to save the 'new' certificate to the phone, and it did.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

pjw724 wrote:
On first access the browser prompted me whether to save the 'new' certificate to the phone, and it did.

If you want to avoid that (FastMail has installed their DigiCert certificate in an incompatible way), please, continue there…

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Many thx, immediately after install I got access with my E72 to my email account which didn't work for a while now.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I can receive now emails, but still can't send them.... Configuration is check and correct. Any further ideal on this ?

BTW for the file networking_improvements.sis, Is there a changelog ? and who did release it ?

Regards

apollo

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

apollo567 wrote:

I can receive now emails, but still can't send them.... Configuration is check and correct. Any further ideal on this ?

BTW for the file networking_improvements.sis, Is there a changelog ? and who did release it ?

Regards

apollo

Tried both http://dl.nokia.com/ns/symfix/networking_improvements.SIS and http://www.traud.de/ta/ ? they are all required.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated November 11, 2020 Views 10,141 Applies to: