• July 17, 2017
    Announcement: New site design for Microsoft Community

In July, Microsoft will roll out the first of ongoing site improvements aimed to modernize Microsoft Community and help customers get the most out of their community experience.

• During the roll out period, you may see the old or new site design depending on your location

• We expect the roll out to finish by 31 July

Note: Past private message conversations will not move to the new site design. Please save any private messages you would like to keep.

Learn more about the upcoming site improvements in this thread.

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community!

Question
  • This thread is locked from future replies

nokia Lumia 920 cracked gorilla glass , poor design

lumia920alias asked on

Having owned a nokia lumia 920 for less than 3 months and now with a cracked screen id have to say im disapponted by the lack of design consideration for purpose .

I have owned many nokia phones over the years and have never faced this issue.

I contacted nokia today confident that they would take ownership and assist as this no doubt will be a problem faced by every owner of the Lumia 920 phone sooner or later . To my disappointment i was placed on hold for 45minutes then told the phone would have to be returned to the place of purchase and then sent to nokia for an unknown period of time for inspection . Realising Nokia was planning to take zero responsibility i offered to pay for the replacement screen and carry out the repair myself . At this point i was told Nokia does not supply or sell replacement parts .

So what now Nokia ? seriously, talk about wiping your hands of an issue and giving no consideration to those who have supported you ..................

I assume i will now have to buy an aftermarket glass replacement and i expect i will be buying many of these until i change brands or nokia responds by realizing glass is great for windscreens but not phone screens , although plasic is .

2 people had this question

Abuse history

progress