Lumia 1520 Screen Sensitivity

Is anyone else experiencing an issue with the screen sensitivity on their 1520?  Swiping up or down sometimes leads to clicks.  Pressing on an app sometimes leads to nowhere.  And before anyone suggests it, I've already adjusted my screen sensitivity. :)

Question Info

Last updated June 18, 2018 Views 3,393 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

have you checked that you are up to date with the latest Nokia system app updates from the Store, and tried performing a soft reset?

7 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Arto12...Did your Nokia pal sound like they can sort this by way of software update? Just got off live chat and they said "know nothing about this issue" no word of a fix, her words been to return the phone. I would rather keep it as it if i knew there was a fix on way.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

1st of all, the problem is caused by a minor design and manufacturing issue. considering how small the root cause is, it's no wonder that even the manufacturer had problems finding out how to solve it for long time.

however, i have been able to successfully fix the problem, after opening the phone, carefully examining pressure points, problematic connections and overall part placements, and with a few minor changes to the way phone parts r placed and interconnected, i finally fixed the problem.

when i have more time, i will do my best to describe the way i repaired it with another post in this thread.

for most part, the repair I performed was similar to this post.

in addition to listed steps, I added some additional grounding using conductive foam, on the golden plates near points raised in step 2, but u may not need these if u r not abusing your phone too much, or are ok to do the repair every few years, as it may reappear with usage. also, I didn't use heat gun, as the flex cable is usually soldered to pcb just fine.

the problem comes from bad grounding in loudspeaker area, probably partly caused by vibrations induced by loudspeaker. the grounding terminals bend too much with usage and eventually lossen their connection to the pcb, causing more or less frequent problems.

I hope this helps anybody who is still using this Windows phone masterpiece.

a cYbErnEtIc LifEfOrm,
LingErIng On hUmAnItY.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I noticed that the problem also occurred on the  lumia  920 of my wife after the nokia black update, maybe the problem comes from windows and not nokia.

Sorry this didn't help.

hi mod, I try to reset my phone several times and set touch sensitivity to normal but the issue has still been there. The issue like in this video at 8:58
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgo0BzGhJS0#t=546
I hope this issue is Software 's problem. I've bought lumia 1520 for 2 weeks and I was afraid to bring my phone to the Nokia Care Center. Please let's we Know Nokia has known this issue and this issue can be resolved without HW replacement.

Sorry this didn't help.

psychomania wrote:
Anyone that still says this is a software issue needs smacking round the head with a faulty 1520!

Just cause they're clueless to how to fix it it, it doesn't mean 100 percent it's not in software. It means either hardware or outrageous incompetence of their programming staff. Now I've seen a whole lot of that coming from Microsoft lately so I don't know. 

Sorry this didn't help.

I am not hoping. Some things are possible, some things aren't. I would just like to hear an official answer to this mountain of complaints. That is not too much to ask.

psychomania wrote:
Don't know why I ever bothered trying to help clowns like this. Be happy living in hope that your 1520's will be magically fixed by software.

Sorry this didn't help.

helaker wrote:

I just ran SysApp Pusher and found no update to the touch app. It says last updated on April 30. Either way, like you... I'm not holding my breath. If they haven't fixed it yet, there's no reason to believe they suddenly will. It would make my month if they do. 

Interestingly, on my phone SysAppPusher (after refresh) says that Touch was last updated 03/21/2014, version 2.3.0.4.

From what I understand it is impossible to tell what version of an app you actually have installed on your phone unless the app itself is willing to tell you, and Touch doesn't have an About dialog. This is because apps don't have permissions to request the list/details of the other apps installed on the phone, or at least this is what I understood from SysAppPusher's start screen.

So SysAppPusher has to rely on a database that it builds itself and updates at the time you update any app (if you do), with the version that you're getting.

Anyway my understanding is that the 03/21/2014 that I see now is the date when the Touch application was last updated by Nokia on the store itself, which sounds like they downgraded from the version they did publish on 04/30, maybe there was a problem with that update.

Can you hit the check/refresh button in SysAppPusher and see what you get?

Either way, the swipe/tap bug is still there :(

Sorry this didn't help.

To be fair chap it is a rather long thread.

I don't think anyone is particularly arguing about whther it's a hardware or software issue, poeple are just searching for a fix to the problem.

If, as you say, Nokia have officially aknowledged the existance of the bug, why hasn't it been fixed yet?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello, sorry for my English, long leo the same people that they complain of the problem, partial solutions, and back to the same problem after a few days. We should require to Nokia, a more speedy solution, presenting complaints in different forums and social networks, like Facebook, Google +, etc. I realize as term Cyan update, to see if it fixes, or get rid of the my Nokia 1520, and forget Windows phone forever, and I think that I am one of the people who most likes to invest in applications. Since then until then I won't stay quiet, it's a shame that Nokia not has spoken out before this problem. A greeting.

Sorry this didn't help.