Question

Q: Error Code : 80072EFD

I have Lumia 800. I continuously get error code : 80072EFD because of which I'm unable to connect to Windows Live Id. Since, I'm unable to connect to Live Id(hotmail id), almost everything on this phone doesn't work except Gmail. From another email id, if I send a mail to both hotmail and gmail accounts, the Gmail account gets synchronized but hotmail id doesn't get synchronized because of the above error.

Even zune doesn't synchronize.

Can anyone help.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It may be the server that is the issue. It can default to the incorrect server. Go into Hotmail then Settings, Sync Settings and ensure the server is m.hotmail.com hope this helps :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

12 people were helped by this reply

Hi SATYAPP337,

This errorcode usually means a connection error with the Live server(s) as indicated by Earthyworm.

Try switching to Flight mode and back (Settings>flight mode), also try connecting through Wi-Fi instead of mobile network. You might also want to verify whether your LiveID login is correct (login on your PC at http://live.com) and if logged in change the password after which you change the password on the Phone and try again.

Hope this helps,

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Kosh & Earthyworm,
Thank you both for the replies. I have attempted both the suggestions and there is no relief. I continue to get the error code, when I try to synchronize Windows Live Id.
The only saving grace with this so much hyped phone from Nokia & Microsoft is that my gmail is working properly and hence atleast able to check mails every 15min.
It's surprising that Microsoft is not able to solve the problem associated with their own mail server - hotmail and the kind of inconvenience it is causing to so many users. I cannot use internet, download applications or even synchronize music. Then for what did I purchase this great phone.
Very sad and very depressing that both Nokia and Microsoft are not able to solve errors which have got reported so many times. What is R&D for?

Sorry this didn't help.

3 people were helped by this reply

Hi,

I am also victim of the same. Here only my yahoo mail is working properly not even Gmail. I cant browse cant chat i do nothing with my smart phone. It is as same as Nokia 1100, simply for to call and text.

Whats going with NOKIA. If I got nokia care they are simply denaying.

Sorry this didn't help.

I am also victim of the same. Here only my yahoo mail is working properly not even Gmail. I cant browse cant chat i do nothing with my smart phone. It is as same as Nokia 1100, simply for to call and text.

What region is the hotmail account and what region is the phone in?

Anything unusual about the username and password (characters)?

Are you trying this over a data connection or wifi? Try it with another gateway.....if you are using Data, try wifi. If you are using wifi, try another wifi connection.

These are the type of things I would be asking and checking if I was experiencing the problem. The error is usally the result of the inability to connect for whatever reason...connection problem...firewall....no route etc.

Sorry this didn't help.

1 person was helped by this reply

I have Lumia 800, I am in Croatia, locked on T-mobile network. For one month everything worked smoothly but since yesterday I do not have data connection too. I did not noticed it at first due to wifi at home.Full signal with 3g sign on the right side of signal sign but no exchange, no pop mails, no internet. I can access everything over wifi or desktop but nothing over gprs/3g Always the same error code 80072EFD. None of the solutions I have found on interent did not help. This is rediculous! I see that Nokia prepared solution for ATT Lumia 900 but for 800 I did not find anything like that. Please help!

Sorry this didn't help.

Login to you email on the pc and change your password.

then try connecting on the phone with the new password

Sorry this didn't help.

I do not understand the solution. If I change all the passwords on my email accounts I still have to, according to solution, change the password of Internet Explorer too. What is the password for IE? Why should I change passwords to all my email accounts because WP 7 gives me error code known from desktop Windows. Solution is to make hard reset but if I will need to make it again than forget me Nokia!

Sorry this didn't help.

Same issue here I'm located in India... all updates on msgers like whtsapp and FB chat are slow or they dont show up at all when not connected to the net via a wi fi connection. is there a permanent solution?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, iam from India and facing the same problem , i am using limia 710.. i am able to use and sync everything using wi-fi but not through cellular. i dont know what to do. i have tried each and everything but in vain. Is there any update or some patch to fix this problem. When i search for the same error code then i get windows update error as search result.

I am able to use internet in the browser but it hardly works everytime, it seems like it works when it likes to. i have checked all the servers are like m.google.com, m.hotmail.com but not working with cellular.

when i am outside with no wifi connection i feels like using nokia 3310 with new UI.. Hope lumia people or nokia people will do something to fix this major internet problem that everyone is facing.

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 11,864 Last updated: April 20, 2018 Applies to: