Lumia 950XL reboots during call

Hi,

I have just bought new Lumia 950XL Dual SIM yesterday. First few calls went OK, but now, during every call, either incoming or outgoing it ends in sudden phone reboot after approximately 10-15 seconds. Anyone with the same problem, or idea, what to do? I have tried to contact MS Support, but it turned out that MS doesn't provide support in my country for its mobile phones :-(

Thank you in advance.

Question Info

Last updated December 19, 2018 Views 3,084 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The error has to do with the normal, common variable mobile phone reception, check it out yourself! The mobile phone reception is always wavering when I'm mobile, that's perfectly normal. But that's why the BT function should freeze.

And Yes, the Lumia 950 is one of the best smartphones – I said yes too many times. But one of the basic functions (Bluetooth mobile use) is not possible at present.

As long as the great WIN-BS is not final completed and the BT problem is not fixed, you can not use mobile the Lumia 950 with Bluetooth. There will be more updates in January and then we look again... until now MICROSOFT has to eliminate sooner or later all problems. And I trust, because I believe that MICROSOFT can solve this via software update. However, it remains inexplicable why this has to do with the mobile phone reception? Probably an indifference at the frequencies of mobile phone reception and Bluetooth.
Windows Worshipper L 950 XL & Surface Pro 2017

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

thanks for your info i'll watch that part.

for me I think I played eureka to soon.

Yesterday only first device crash after 7 hours (during normal call with bt active), shortly after device was shut off apparently due to battery drain. (had left around 40% right before call)

Today bluetooth disabled itself (and didn't come on by itself) after 2 hours. I didn't manually restart it to check sth out, and mysteriously my battery went from 80% to 0 in about 40 minutes while the device got increddibly hot, during charing this issue remained only restarting the device helped to start cooling it down. 

so i can only conclude the battery drain and overheating issues are related to bluetooth crashing. 

I'm not that tech i just like to share as much info as i can to get to you guys, we have to wait for microsoft nothing to do there, but small pointers might help. 

I personally think i'm gonna leave BT off for now and wait for more updates to see how it works for there. 

I'm very satisfied having this device but buying state of the art equipment should not be this buggy in one of it's basic functions. :( Neither should the results of the bug render the device completely useless in such a short matter. Not to talk about the negative impact on the battery talking long term.

Sorry this didn't help.

Still the same here we're now the 12th of january and still no improvement, 15 secs of bluetooth call and then it's gone and goes back to the device.

Is there a way of getting our money back?

Eric

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Eric,

It's the same problem with me. If I'm traveling (bike, bus, etc.) and on the phone call, the Lumia 950 independently alone stopped the Bluetooth function. There, I've not even connected device with a Bluetooth. MICROSOFT must know it! Do all official updates (no technical previews) and turn on the support by MICROSOFT, please!

Money back? Call your Dealer ... :-(

Greetings from Germany, Mike.

Sorry this didn't help.

Supposedly there is going to be an update this (patch) Tuesday (10586.63 if I'm correct). I've read something about changes in Bluetooth, but if this solves the problem? Any Insider already running this build?

Last couple of days I can make calls without interruptions; my latest interruption was last Tuesday where only the Bluetooth connection to my car audio system was interrupted for some minutes after which I could make a new call again: the 950 XL itself did not crash. My battery performance has also increased somewhat, perhaps due tot the fact that I have changed settings for Edge so that it does not run in background anymore.

However, I also experienced a couple of random restarts of the device lately.

Sorry this didn't help.

xxx.63 does not fix this bluetooth problem. I have tested it. Sorry.

Sorry this didn't help.

Today I tried to get in touch with the the MS-Support. It's impossible to do that in Switzerland directly. The agent told me, to dial a number in Germany. This number didn't help, as my Serial-Number is not listed in Germany ...

So I followed the instructions of Mike, used the LiveChat and hooray, I could not believe it up to now, it worked.

The lady told me, that they know about the BT-issue, but the technician would still have problems, to reproduce it.

So please, use the LiveChat-feature to inform Microsoft directly. All other ways not seem to work.

@ Mike: Do you have a link for the english LiveChat, as my german one does surely not help?

Sorry this didn't help.

For USA: https://partner.support.services.microsoft.com/en-us/contact/chat/20/

For All German Language Countries: https://partner.support.services.microsoft.com/de-de/contact/chat/20/

For Latin America / Spain Language Countries: https://partner.support.services.microsoft.com/es-es/contact/chat/20/

For Português Countries: https://partner.support.services.microsoft.com/pt-br/contact/chat/20/

And specifically, only for you, my Friend :-)

https://partner.support.services.microsoft.com/de-ch/contact/chat/20/

(PS. but I think that the same people are all - Switzerland & Germany = All German Language Countries)?

actually the country must be entered only in the middle part of the Web address, like this: en-us, de-de, de-ch, ...

Sorry this didn't help.

Swedish .29, non-insider

WiFi ON = frequent rebooting

WiFi OFF = no problems

Please fix this annoyance.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yesterday I installed the build .63 but it didn't fix the Bluetooth issue. BT disconnects again, when I entered a underground car park and I had to continue the call on my Lumia.

The only thing, the new xxx.63 fixed: I was able to install the Swiss keyboard now. The installation was broken after a HW-reset.

If MS will not fix the BT-issue till next Wednesday, I will give back my 950 XL, as I need the basic function of Bluetooth in my car. It's a shame.

Sorry this didn't help.