Device is charging slowly_Windows 10 Phone Technical Preview

HI Guys,

Device: Lumia 830

Recently I have signed up for windows 10 phone Technical preview program and the first build I received on my phone was 10.0.10586.29. But unfortunately after doing the upgrade my phone is charging very slow. And also I am continuously getting the notification in my action center"Device is charging slowly".

I have attached the snapshot showing the error.

This issue has made my phone and my life miserable. I am very frustrated now. I am not able to use my phone.

Even MS has released a new upgrade 10.0.10586.36 and says that they have fixed the bugs but really don't know what bugs they are fixing.

I am still seeing this issue. You guys wont believe, I kept my mobile on whole night charging and morning it was saying 93% charging. Can anyone believe this.

Also the battery drains much faster now and not even last for 24hrs.

I had never faced such issue in Lumia Denim Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2.

If any one can help me in this, I would be really thankful.

Note: I am already using the original charger which came inside the box and tried restarting the device also many time but no help.

Also I had tried to clean the micro USB ports also but no use.

I believe this is a OS issue only.

MS please help.......

***Moderator's Note: This post has been moved to the most appropriate category*** 

Question Info

Last updated April 8, 2019 Views 2,422 Applies to:

Hi Sunny,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I understand your concern that you have with your Lumia device and I am glad to assist you with it.

Appreciate you for attaching a screen-shot for the same.

You can easily fix many issues yourself. Try our Troubleshooter first. If that doesn't help, you'll receive instructions on how to proceed with repair.

Try the following.

1. Use the battery charger that was included with your phone. Older chargers may not fully charge the battery.
  2. Reset your phone. Press and hold the Power and Volume down keys simultaneously until you feel the phone vibrate. After this operation, you may need to set the date and time on the phone. Note that this does not remove any settings or your personal content.

If the issue still persist, click on the link below and click on need more help.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/mobile/support/product/lumia830/troubleshooter/?categories=Battery%20and%20charging,Charging&showRepair=&showContact=&nextTopic2=FA140265&nextTopic3=FA142987&title1=GUID-C61A3CE1-4551-4B30-AE85-F327592F8EA2&title2=GUID-E8E46FEB-5DF9-4AD1-B345-6B9F5168E7E7&topic=FA142256#topic

Hope this post helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Thanks & Regards
Joy

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello Joy,

Frankly saying, the solution you have posted didn't help me.

Just want to tell you and also mentioned this in my initial post that, I am using the Original Nokia Charger included with my phone.

I had tried below options:

> Re installed the windows 8.1 mobile OS using Software Recovery Tool.

> Again Upgraded my Phone to Latest Windows 10 mobile build 10.0.10586.63.

> Performed a Hard Reset of my Device

> Performed Soft Reset 'n' number of times.

And Trust me, all of this was of no use. Still my Battery is charging very Slowly. It is never reaching to 100%

& taking hours together to get charged, and also it gets stuck sometime to a random value of charging percentage,

for example: 22%, 52%, 84%, 95%..............

No matter how long i keep my phone on charging, the charging % value gets stuck as mentioned above.

If you really can give me a practical solution then please give me.

I am really frustrated now with this issue and thinking sometimes to break my phone or throw it somewhere.

Its too much test of patience for a customer with this buggy OS.

Personally I liked Windows Platform and believed in its potential, but now its reaching to my saturation to get the fully finished product.

Awaiting your reply.

Regards.

SunnY.

16 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having this same issue with a Lumia 830 and Windows 10 PC.  The issue is even worse, in that I cannot connect to a computer to do a recovery.  The computer only recognizes the USB for 1 second, then I get the slow to charge error.  This started about 2 weeks ago.  I would recover to windows phone 8.1 if I could connect via USB.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having this same issue with a Lumia 830 and Windows 10 PC.  The issue is even worse, in that I cannot connect to a computer to do a recovery.  The computer only recognizes the USB for 1 second, then I get the slow to charge error.  This started about 2 weeks ago.  I would recover to windows phone 8.1 if I could connect via USB.
I have exactly the same problem

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I have exactly the same problem

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there,

I'm having the same problem with my Lumia 830. Anyway I have found one combination of charger and cable that actually makes the phone charge without the message that it is charging slowly.

The combination is my laptop's USB 3.0-ports (DELL precision 7710) and a fully connected USB cable.

All other combinations like when using simple wall plug chargers or other usually short USB cables (which don't all seem to be fully connected) give me the error about chargin slowly.

Maybe the phone wants to talk to the charger using the data pins in order to tell it to switch to some high power charging feature?

Hope this helps other people out there.

Regards

Andreas

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Joy,

Frankly saying, the solution you have posted didn't help me.

Just want to tell you and also mentioned this in my initial post that, I am using the Original Nokia Charger included with my phone.

I had tried below options:

> Re installed the windows 8.1 mobile OS using Software Recovery Tool.

> Again Upgraded my Phone to Latest Windows 10 mobile build 10.0.10586.63.

> Performed a Hard Reset of my Device

> Performed Soft Reset 'n' number of times.

And Trust me, all of this was of no use. Still my Battery is charging very Slowly. It is never reaching to 100%

& taking hours together to get charged, and also it gets stuck sometime to a random value of charging percentage,

for example: 22%, 52%, 84%, 95%..............

No matter how long i keep my phone on charging, the charging % value gets stuck as mentioned above.

If you really can give me a practical solution then please give me.

I am really frustrated now with this issue and thinking sometimes to break my phone or throw it somewhere.

Its too much test of patience for a customer with this buggy OS.

Personally I liked Windows Platform and believed in its potential, but now its reaching to my saturation to get the fully finished product.

Awaiting your reply.

Regards.

Sunny.

I m totally agree with u

Sorry this didn't help.

Where will I get the original charger for my Lumia 535 dual sim
Ugoboy

Sorry this didn't help.