Black Line

Hi,i have a problem ,when i open apps or games there is a line at the bottom of the screen,i try hard reset,but it does not help,who has the same problem?.Can somebody help me to fix it?

Question Info

Last updated May 14, 2020 Views 1,237 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

1. Which phone model do you use?
  2. Which OS version do you use?
  3. If that is a phone with software keys, how are your show-keys settings?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

1)Microsoft Lumia 535 dual sim.

2)Windows 10 Mobile (10.0.10581.0)

3)I don't know.how to know it?

Sorry this didn't help.

The Lumia 535 does not have hardware keys for Back, Home, and Search (navigation bar) but those are displayed within the main display. This is supported since Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 (OS) and Lumia Denim (firmware). Therefore, the display resolution changed a bit compared to earlier phone models, creating a phone model with a rather unique resolution in the Windows Phone family, called qHD. Since Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2 (and therefore Windows 10 Mobile), the navigation bar is hidden automatically. You swipe up, and the navigation bar displays. This creates again a new display resolution for apps. Consequently, the Lumia 535 has two resolutions, totally unique within the Windows Phone family of phones. Each app has to adopt to these two possible situations.

Now, some apps are not yet optimised for this, because either
A) the app developer is not aware of this yet,
B) the revenue of apps for Windows Phone is too small to invest time into this,
C) the app developer has abandoned his Windows Phone apps, but still offers them.
Although alternative A is rather unlikely, it is still possible. Therefore, please, drop those developers a note pointing to this thread here.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for answering and explaining

Sorry this didn't help.

But there is a specific problem with windows 10 mobile on lumia 535. The same game(for example- Asphalt 8 whose screenshot is shown here) while playing on windows phone 8.1 did not have a problem of game getting cropped at the navigation bar. Actually the game was adjusted upto the nav bar keeping the black portion while no portion of the game was cropped. These games were designed for windows phone 8.1. But having the issue on windows 10 mobile. So it's definitely some problem with windows 10 mobile which was not there in windows phone 8.1. These games are also having touch issues like touch point is littlebit shifted due to cropping of screen. Microsoft needs to solve this issue on the next update otherwise it is impossible to play most of the games on windows 10 mobile.

While some other games which were by default taking full screen on windows phone 8.1 works perfectly on windows 10 mobile(like The machine game).

Sorry this didn't help.

Rajat, you stated in your other thread you are an app developer. I cannot test myself, because I do not have a Lumia 535. Which display resolution is reported to your app?

Sorry this didn't help.

Resolution:960x540
But problem is not occurring on any app but only on most of the games. In earlier build I've seen the same problem with some apps(like- here maps) but in the latest build all apps work just fine, but in those apps you can't hide the navigation bar manually. But the problem still exists in most of the games.

One more thing I would like to mention that I've heard that the problem does not occur on lumia 640xl which is also have same kind of feature of hiding the on screen navigation bar. Which is kind of strange to me.

Sorry this didn't help.

This auto-hide is available for all phones without hardware buttons since Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2. The Lumia 640 XL has a different display resolution. Rajat, when you create your own app and draw to the complete display, are you able to draw to that navigation-bar area?

Sorry this didn't help.

Well actually I can't develop such kind of app as I'm just a beginner in windows phone app development. But while using those games on my lumia 535, I faced those problems which I'm reporting and as per I can say It's the problem with the new OS as the problem was not there in windows phone 8.1. I just to notify microsoft about this problem so that they can rectify it as soon as possible.

Thank you Abi99 for your concern about this problem. If you get a chance to use one lumia 535 you can check this problem.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, this issue happens since Windows 10 Mobile, for sure. However since Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2 (and therefore Windows 10 Mobile), the displayable region changed. Therefore, it is still unclear whether the cause is

A) a faulty app implementation (then, you would have to contact your app developers) or

B) a faulty app framework (then, it would be Microsoft for the OS).

Therefore, please, report to the authors of your apps as well. Those might find a workaround.

I just to notify microsoft about this …

The question remains if this is the fault of Microsoft. Microsoft caused this. But is it their fault? Anyway, Microsoft does neither leverage Microsoft Answers as feedback channel nor for bug-reporting. Why ever. Therefore here, your comments drown in the Internet swarm. Microsoft wants you to report problems via Windows 10 Mobile » All apps » (Windows) Feedback.

Sorry this didn't help.