Windows Phone 10 overheating after an update

Well Wanted to share my experience with windows phone 10 and I think I found the solution.

I have my Lumia 550 for 3 weeks now, in this time I have updated my phone 4 times (once insider, once reset back to a none insider version and twice an update from Microsoft)

Yeah I guess I was really to have so many updates for such a short time.

The problem is not with the updates but with the overheating I got each time I updated my phone.

I can honestly say that I started to dread the update process knowing that each time after it would finish I would start having the same problem.

The problem is a known issue the phone is starting to overheat, drain battery very quickly, basically refuses to charge (10% takes about an hour) and becomes and unusable brick for 2 days.

I have also noticed some interesting point the phone stops to overheat after about 48 hours and becomes the gem it really is, great battery life, best OS I have had since MEEGO and very good all around phone for such a low price.

Of course I checked all the forum notes about this problem and I have noticed 2 things:

1. This happens to all Lumia phones running windows 10 though no one has connected the problem to the update process

2. Nobody seems to know the reason why this happens.

So here is what I have found with my phone (I would try it with the insider program later this week, and would try to recreate the problem some more) I would also like to note that I am using an SD card (which seems to be the root of the problem)

Well the solution was pretty easy just remove the SD card restart your phone wait 2 min and do another restart after you have returned the SD card.

The problem seems to be because I have a 64GB SD card and after each update windows phone decides to reindex my whole phone including my SD card, by removing it the phone stops reindexing like crazy and resumes normal operation mode.

Hope this would help others because I didn't find this solution anywhere, had to connect a few dots to find this solution.

I will write an update after I will rejoin the insider and do another update just to make sure I can recreate the whole process, I would also try and see what happens with smaller SD cards (I think I already tried it with a 16GB one when I first got the phone) and when you do the update without an SD card.

|

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

Had the same issue, removing sd card and restarting helped :)

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Discussion Info

Last updated August 8, 2020 Views 467 Applies to: