Windows 10 Mobile Build 10.0.10586.494 For July 2016

Hi All,

I would just like to share the information I got regarding the latest Build 10586.494 since I was not able to find a reference yet here on the Community. Microsoft Moderators and Engineers please verify this post and confirm if the details below are correct. This is my first to post a discussion. Please don't judge. :)

As per the resource article I found: Microsoft has now pushed Windows 10 Mobile Build 10586.494 to both insiders in Release Preview Ring and non-insiders as the Windows 10 Mobile July Cumulative update. The Build as expected brings many fixes and improvements over the last release build 10586.420.

You can read massive Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary update changelog by clicking here.

Windows 10 Mobile Build 10586.494 changelog:

This update includes quality improvements and security fixes. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:

• Improved reliability of Windows Media Player, Internet Explorer 11, Windows Explorer, Miracast, and Windows kernel.
  • Fixed issue with some people seeing a black screen instead of the lock screen when resuming from connected standby.
  • Fixed issue with DirectAccess where the Disconnect button appears in some cases when the connection isn’t fully established.
  • Fixed issue where local user accounts weren’t locked after a number of failed sign in attempts.
  • Improved support for video playback in certain apps that didn’t render video correctly after resuming from sleep.
  • Fixed issue with Windows Phone losing user authentication certificates after upgrading to Windows 10 Mobile in some cases.
  • Improved support of the backup settings of apps on Windows 10 Mobile.
  • Fixed issue where Microsoft Silverlight based apps wouldn’t install on Windows 10 Mobile after joining Azure Active Directory.
  • Fixed additional issues in .NET, Windows Kernel, Windows Update, authentication, revised daylight saving time, support for PDF files, Bluetooth, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, networking, and Wi-Fi connectivity.
  • Security updates for Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, Kernel Mode Drivers, Windows Kernel, .NET Framework, Windows Secure Kernel Mode, and Microsoft Print Spooler.

Image above is taken from the Update that I have personally made today. :)

Reference Notes taken from:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12387/windows-10-update-history

http://www.nokiapoweruser.com/windows-10-mobile-anniversary-update-coming-this-summer-insiders-may-get-it-soon/

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Mark Adrian Blaze

Discussion Info

Last updated May 21, 2018 Views 4,495 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

For some reason, with this newest update, my email signature on my Windows phone has disappeared. How do I fix this? The buttion where I set it up before has disappeared as well. I'm a novice, so please try to avoid speaking in "computereze." Anyone have an answer? Thanks!

Hey CarinBD,

Open the email App(outlook) at the bottom of your screen you will see three dots (...) press that button. You will see an option called settings, open that. You will see a new menu now with the option "signature" open that and edit away

The People/Contacts app is broken. Cannot view contacts. People app launches as blank screen. Clicking on individual contact member tiles launches blank screen. Adding a new contact crashes the Contacts app.

The Outlook app is broken. No emails syncing. Cannot send or receive emails. Launching Outlook just displays "Not synced yet" forever. 

Account settings fails to launch: Settings > Accounts > Your email and accounts

Outlook settings fails to launch: Outlook > Settings > Manage Accounts > select account

Build: 10586.494

Device: Microsoft 640 XL 

Connection: Wi-Fi 

Many users are reporting the same thing across a range of devices. Please read latest feedback problems being reported.

Same problems occurring before and after latest build.

Really frustrating. 

In my case, for Windows 10 for PC, this 10586.494 update was broken the Miracast feature instead of fix them. I'm really disapointed with this update.

Hello Sharanpuri,

go to settings and create a backup of your phone and make sure it backs up to the cloud. Now do a factory reset in your phone and check for updates.

Dont forget to restore your backup.

Hello Edgar,

The cache of miracast devices did indeed disappear after the update however if you wait for the device to broadcast over the network you should be able to establish a connection with your display devices again. Sometimes it can be up to 10 minutes before a device voices itself over you LAN be patient.

If you still have trouble many many third party software's exist to support miracast streaming and playback

my outlook still pending after download :(( 640XL

Hello FajriKurniawan,

You can fix this by performing a soft reset, Hold the volume down and the Power buttons at the same time for about 15 seconds when your phone restarts you should no longer see a pending status for the install, however the install may start over again don't be alarmed you shouldn't loose any of your mail data.

I need help regarding on this update. I just installed it and one of my app is gone. I mean its gone on the app list but on my screen on which it is pinned, it's transparency is now black. I dont want to uninstall it because I will lose 6GB of files. I already tried restart but it doesnt work.

What App is it?

Are you sure you can't see the files in File Explorer, or Storage ?