Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary update reduced sound quality?

Hi all,

I've found that since updating my Lumia 950 with the Windows 10 Mobile anniversary update that the overall sound quality of my device has been negatively effected.

There seems to be some sort of "background feed" (sounds like white noise) that emits from the speakers before, during and after a sound plays. For example, the sound when you lock and unlock your screen now does not sound as sharp and clear as it used to be, and after the sound plays, you can hear this white noise play for a few seconds afterwards.

I noticed this after playing some music or pausing, this background feed would play for about 5 seconds after the music stops and then cuts off.

Is anyone else getting this?

Thanks, Dean.

|
Answer
Answer

To help with this, could you all submit a feedback item using the Feedback Hub with the title of "Sound quality worse after Anniversary update"? 

It'd be great if the first of you that does this also shared the feedback link on this thread so others can up vote the same item. This will help us size and identify any potential problems.

Additionally, it'd be helpful if you could also share your device make, model, and current firmware version listed in Settings > About > More Info

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 14, 2020 Views 195 Applies to: