Nokia Lumia 1520 RM 937 in India is not showing 4G LTE spec in their Indian website.

Update: After today's (17-07-2015) update my Lumia 1520 is showing 4G in mobile+SIM settings

My Lumia 1520 Screenshot

Thank you Microsoft for the update.

As far as I know (from various internet sources) Nokia Lumia 1520 RM-937 is a global model with 4G LTE enabled.

This very model is launched in India as the Country Variant.

But if we check here http://www.microsoft.com/en-in/mobile/phone/lumia1520/#ProductSpecsEnhancedWidget there is no mentioning of 4G LTE anywhere.

I had read many post here stating that due to unavaiability of 2300 band in India is holding back Microsoft to enable 4G LTE for likes of Lumia 1520 & Lumia 930 here.

Then why phones like Lumia 625 is showing as 4G LTE  in India website. They too don't support 2300 band.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-in/mobile/phone/lumia625/specifications/#connectivity

Something is fishy with Lumia 1520 RM-937 in India

Microsoft/Nokia kindly provide an insight into this matter.

If new phones are introduced with 4G LTE out-of-the-box, kindly enable 4G LTE for Lumia 1520 in India.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Vinu

|
Answer
Answer

The Lumia 1520 is a global model. Lumia phones sold in the US and China may have differences specific to those particular markets (and therefore different RM-numbers), generally speaking models sold in all other countries are pretty-much the same.

In terms of 4G, Lumia phones may be sold in a particular market as either 4G-Ready or 4G-Enabled. The latter means that the phone can connect to 4G services, the former means that the hardware is not enabled in the software, usually because there is not sufficient coverage in that country at the time of launch. This decision is taken by Microsoft's people in India for the Indian market, and should the network situation change 4G can be enabled in a software update.

I would hazard a guess that your phone is 4G-Ready only, it would also explain why the Microsoft web site for India does not show 4G frequencies in the specs.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 17, 2018 Views 1,524 Applies to: