Discussion

New firmware update for Lumia 950/950 XL: 01078.00027.15506.020xx

armagonfin started on

Hey,

we have started rolling out a new firmware update for Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL: 01078.00027.15506.020xx. Key highlights include:

• Stability and performance improvements.
  • Improvements for SD memory card support.
  • Improvements for automatic display brightness settings.
  • Fix for a camera problem that was causing noisy images in low-light conditions for some users.
  • Fix for a 4K video problem that was causing stripes to show up while playing back recorded videos for some users.

The update should be already available for many of the users and rollouts will continue gradually. Availability of the update may depend on your network service provider.

Windows 10 is updating continuously, so make sure you follow all the update notifications that appear on your phone. To check for updates, you can also tap Settings > Update & security > Phone update > Check for updates. For detailed update instructions, see.

To read more about the new features included in Windows 10 Mobile, see What's New in Windows 10 Mobile.

40 people have recommended this discussion

Abuse history

trokpa replied on
Nothing about cellular network ?
16 people liked this

Abuse history

Nathan Hodge replied on

Nothing about cellular network ?

Seriously, I am tired of my phone losing it's cell signal all the time. MS needs to get this fixed ASAP! 950 XL

17 people liked this

Abuse history

Stephen White - UK replied on
What I'd like to know is, Does being on an Insider Build or being on the Insider Program affect the availability of the update?
Regards,
Stephen White
23 people liked this

Abuse history

JoePanda replied on

I have same question. I'm an insider but .36 and the firmware update both don't show as available in the updates area.
17 people liked this

Abuse history

sickent replied on
Insider Build .36 does not seem to be able to get this update... :( In Australia, single SIM, unlocked and unbranded via Optus.
7 people liked this

Abuse history

LeonM replied on

Having a Lumia 950 CV from Netherlands with .36 insider / English language. And no update available. I had the trouble before with *not* getting the .29 and .36 builds. Glad I received them, now this adds a new chapter.
6 people liked this

Abuse history

gahbmwM5 replied on

OK...thanks for this info...

As of yet, no updated firmware on Lumia 950 AT&T USA..

12 people liked this

Abuse history

chrisbau(2) replied on

I'm in Australia, with a 950 purchased from Optus with Insider Build .36 installed and have just finished installing the firmware update, Phone alerted me to the update a few hours ago around midday Melbourne time.
8 people liked this

Abuse history

sickent replied on

wow thank  you for that. Happy again :D
5 people liked this

Abuse history

WinPhan_PHK replied on

according to this not, seems logical

Until now still no update on German unlocked/unbranded device even though they received somewhat first according to more comments and the article itself

Vinyl Scratch is best pony
3 people liked this

Abuse history